Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Saturn1
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues also but my Galaxy watch 4 is out of warranty. Can you help?

0 Likes
Saturn1
First Poster
Options

Me too.

20230117_084007.jpg

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

Well said @ColinDJ ,

I expected Samsung to take this health-impacting defect very seriously. As a customer, I did not feel valued at all.

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

Hi @AsadM ,

Unfortunately seems that you did read my message completely.  I am not in the UK and frankly not sure if it made any difference considering my experience with the technical support and Samsung watch.

The best you and your colleagues can do is to try to escalate this to the senior management and emphasize how this product is impacting customers' health. If you have already done that then I have no more comments.

Thank you

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@Saturn1 I'd recommend sending a PM to @Sam_UK so that myself or another moderator can get this escalated for you. If you do live outside of the UK, I'd recommend contacting the Samsung support in your region to get support for this issue!

0 Likes
Members_GijOji9
First Poster
Options

Hi i have this issue last couple of weeks, feels hot then when I look at my skin, it is red & itchy,

No previous issues Pryor to this, had the watch a few years now.

I had another brand watch previous to this, no issues with that either.  I have no idea why this is happened

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Members_GijOji9 ,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your watch. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Alternatively, please reach out to our Help Desk directly via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you.  

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact

0 Likes
Antman7
First Poster
Options

I'm going to get around to call Samsung soon about this issue. I've had a bad burn mark on my wrist for a couple of weeks now and it doesn't seem to want to heal. This is insane that a watch from such a big company like Samsung allows to put this product out on the market. I also would am going to have my doctor look at it as it looks permanent.

If anyone has this issue please report it asap!

20230316_034706.jpg

0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

As mentioned in preivous comments, If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
Dimey26
Explorer
Options

Me too.

0 Likes