Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
ChrisP88
Options

If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

They (Samsung) might block my account again for saying this, however, I will anyways.

They have literary no fix for this. After a 3 months wait and repairs and multiple burns. I finally gave up. Samsung doesn't seem to care much. Because of their negligence, I moved away from Samsung, I have a Fitbit Sense 2 that works like a charm, 7 days of battery, and no issues whatsoever. 

I used Samsung watches for more than 8 years. They screw up very badly with Samsung galaxy Watch 4 and 5. features mean nothing when it causes health issues.

Really not sure what would it take for them to recall and fix their watches. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I am genuinely sorry that you feel this way, @Bam007, but I can absolutely assure you that Samsung does take issues such as the one you have referenced very seriously indeed. 

I appreciate that you were disappointed with the outcome in this particular instance. 

You are absolutely entitled to your perspective and to express your viewpoint, which is one of the reasons why the Community exists, and we are here for you, should you need us again. 

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your reply, @PaulM1 ,

As a customer, it is hard for me to tell if issues like this are taken seriously unless I see a result. I do hope that Samsung fixes this reoccurring issue with the new Samsung watches. What scares me the most is that skin burn is all I see and not sure if there are other side effects that I am not aware of and are not being shared with me.

Thank you for your understanding.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Bam007, I can understand your concerns. If you having this issue and are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and one of the other mods, or I will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
ColinDJ
Explorer
Options

Thanks Paul, but it's hard to take your answer seriously when this topic is 28 pages long and Samsung hasn't even posted a reply other than "talk to us privately". I'm one of the early posters and haven't received a satisfactory reply from Samsung. We solved the problem ourselves by turning off the constant monitoring - is that what Samsung recommends? Have their been any design changes? Any update to the manuals? What are you actually telling people when the respond privately - are you just reimbursing them? 

We see no evidence of public customer care, it just looks like sweeping it under the carpet. 

On a related note, just trying to comment on this thread is difficult. If I search this topic on the Samsung Members app I get zero results. That's terrible for users looking for help. Fortunately I can get here using Chrome. 

Thanks. 

AndrewL
Options

@ColinDJ: We're sorry that you feel this way. We take matters like this very seriously, and ask those affected to message us privately so we can collect information to escalate the matter to the relevant department. We approach each case individually, and provide the necessary support in each instance. If the forums don't reflect this, then that is regretful, but I hope you can see that we respond to all Community members who bring these matters to our attention, including yourself. In your case, as you are based in Australia, we weren't able to assist you from here in the UK, but directed you to the support team in your region. In this instance I can only apologise if you feel that the resolution was not satisfactory. 

Danni8686
Apprentice
Options

Still refusing refunds in Australia. I’m awaiting my court date. Can’t wait to bring them in front of a magistrate. A got to wear it a couple of weeks before burns and now it’s been over a year of fighting

Danni8686
Apprentice
Options

Please keep posting because they’re making me take them to court in Australia and so far the 28 pages will really help

Options

Sad to see so many issues here still – to be fair it looks like a few may be rash marks but it’s the red dot as per the original post that is the big issue here so beware!! If you get it you will know it, as its very painful for a small dot – like a hot poker because it’s basically a skin burn…..FYI I had to sign disclaimers blar blar got a replacement but immediately the same issue – so my £400 watch sits in its box – wish I sold it…but that wouldn’t have been fair. They are not fit for purpose or work as stated. They are potentially dangerous goods and that’s no matter how you use them and little seems to be offered unless you have a professors/dermatologist certificate of damage (which give the NHS a break) – Take the advice issued here previously, if you want to wear one – turn off all constant monitoring – give your wrists a rest regularly and swop wrists, any signs remove immediately and do not aggravate further any dot that appears (treat like a burn!) – or just like me, keep the watch in a box!

0 Likes