Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Options

No help from Samsung "its you not the device" i threw mine in the bin health worth more to me than Samsung and wont be buying their faulty goods again!

Faodave
Navigator
Options

All they do is ask people to private message them what do they say when they are messaged? They just want to sweep this under the carpet

Options

O and blocked me from here when helping warn others - only just been able to Log back on - expect to be removed again soon.....Its simple if you can wear the watch without many of the monitors e.g. the laser is not active very often then you maybe your be ok, but then what's the point? its not offering the features stated and once its burnt your arm it takes a heck of a long time to heal - so will not be doing that again - make your own mind up - but plenty of examples of issues, we cannot all have skin problems and if that was true where is even the health warning/advice. 

Faodave
Navigator
Options

And watch samsung uk ask is to message them privately again! Apalling behavior!

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

I had exact same experience about 2 years ago. Reported this issue, warned others, got blocked for 3 weeks etc.

decided to avoid buying any Samsung products considering how they treated me and handled this issue!

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Faodave. We are obliged to request a PM, as we'd never request any private/personal information to be disclosed on the public forum. This allows us to gather the necessary information and to take the most appropriate action.

As an alternative to this, our Support Teams are also on hand to deal with and escalate any such concerns:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Bam007
Explorer
Options

Yup, this seems to be a pattern which has proven to be very useless

0 Likes
Darren 1
First Poster
Options

Hi im experiencing the same thing, ive covered all of the advice from Samsung as thay have replied to you and its got worse, Its definitely a burn mark on my wrist and its almost identical to yours, im going to seek medical and legal advice. And l think contact the ACCC, l think their needs to be a recall of this poroduct

0 Likes
shawnatacy
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I had this issue with my Fitbit as well before I upgraded to the Galaxy 6.  I do not wear my devices tightly and do not wear then so loose that they would cause friction. I do not wear my device while my skin is wet. Believe me, I have avoided all the culprits that these companies say cause these types of irritations to my skin. Currently I am wearing a band aid over the area to try to alleviate the irritation and its helped make me a little more comfortable but it has not completely solved the issue. So its not just Samsung, its all these devices that use this technology. 

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@shawnatacy We take these matters seriously at Samsung. Please drop a message to @Sam_UK and I will be happy to escalate this for you.

0 Likes