Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 4 Classic Burning My Wrist

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 11:04 PM)
B00TiKi
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy 4 Classic. I have had it a little over a week now. My issue is it is putting a burn mark on my wrist where the sensor touches. I have my watch monitor all day to monitor my activity, heart rate, stress etc...

After a few days, my wrist started burning. (Please see the attached photos) I took the watch off for a few days and put on some coconut oil, and Epsom salt and it started to heal. What's left is a perfect circle that matches the very inner circle of the sensor.

This is very concerning to me as I wear normal watches every day and this does not happen. This seems like a laser issue with monitoring.

20210907_174553.jpg20210906_155316.jpg

After two days of not wearing the watch and putting on treatment

20210907_174752H.jpgwatch-wrist.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Ivojames75
First Poster
Options

My wife experienced this issue also, its the craziest thing, she is very concern about this, 

20230907_204004.jpg

IMG-20230907-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20230907-WA0019.jpg

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Ivojames75 We take these matters very seriously. Please send a message to @Sam_UK and we can take this further.

0 Likes
Faodave
Navigator
Options

You don't take this very seriously at all

ColinDJ
Explorer
Options

Not seriously enough to warn consumers before they purchase and are injured, despite all the years of advanced knowledge that people will get hurt. There's a word for that.. 

0 Likes
Mwood84
First Poster
Options

Yes same, I have little round scars on my wrist from the little green sensor. I tried everything because I love my watch but nothing helps . I had to just stop using it 😞

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Mwood84 We take these matters very seriously! Please drop a message to @Sam_UK we can then take a look into this for you.

0 Likes
T3rryC
First Poster
Options

This thread has been running for over two years and I see no response from Samsung OTHER than expressions of concern.  How about an explanation or some helpful suggestions for solving the problem?  It's painful and it makes the product less useful.

I'm glad you take the problem seriously.  But what have you done about it, in two years?

0 Likes
Busydude
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a GW4, I used to pair it with a J4+. I now use it with a OnePlus 5. I bought it as soon as it was released. I have been experiencing this problem. But it actually happens because you have opened apps in the background. Once you close them, loosen your watch, and make it comfortable. It should not stick on the top.

0 Likes
Harmony74
First Poster
Options
Me too , had the watch for 2 years and its only started this week ! Its not where the strap is , its wear the sensor has been. Anyone get any joy from Samsung? Mine blistered like a burn20231219_194911_28461_1703015351.jpg
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

If you are based in the UK or Ireland, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes