Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 21-09-2018 11:58 PM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
Maribel3
First Poster
Options

I have s7  edge and that last version I have is 6.0.  I never received any updates.  I have tried to download button it tells me Iam updated. I stock in 6.0 version 

0 Likes
Rachel0318
Student
Options

Did the hard factory reset fix the issues caused by the oreo update? I have so many issues now. I've been a proud and loyal samsung customer and advocate since they came out. HATE iPhone. Since this happened and nothing is being addressed, I would switch to iPhone simply because they would replace the phone at least! This is going to result in me needing to buy a new phone  because of an update they sent out. Ridiculous  

rjclark71
Journeyman
Options

@Rachel0318 wrote:

Did the hard factory reset fix the issues caused by the oreo update? I have so many issues now. I've been a proud and loyal samsung customer and advocate since they came out. HATE iPhone. Since this happened and nothing is being addressed, I would switch to iPhone simply because they would replace the phone at least! This is going to result in me needing to buy a new phone  because of an update they sent out. Ridiculous  

To be honest you can't blame Samsung. Apple devices , unless jailbreak can only install apps approved buy Apple. Let's be frank the Google Play Store is not devoid of rogue apps. Samsung have issued an update which works as intended with apps which function ad they should. My update failed but was quickly resolved by a factory reset. I back up on a regular basis so no biggy to me. In fact I factory reset every couple of months. My daughter's S7 edge installed flawlessly. However both devices do show a cache error when going to the boot up screen. Exactly the same as many others have reported. Samsung bizarely just state take it to the samsung shop. My nearest is 70 miles away.

Not going to happen.

0 Likes
Toddman214
First Poster
Options

Oreo update + S7 Edge = paperweight!!!

My S7 Edge is just a standard Edge....no unlocked bootloader, odd software.....nothing. But, the my Oreo update last week has bricked my phone. It would only go into a Recovery Booting loop. Not your standard Samsung splash screen loop, but recovery loop, where you have two options....just to let it loop until the battery dies, or go into Odin mode, and set it do download new md5 files. Factory reset doesn't even work, as it just goes back into recovery boot loop if you choose that option. You cannot even power the phone off. So, I have scoured the internet to try to find my exact version of nougat. It is simply not available for the Verizon U.S. S7 Edge phone. Samsung would not send me a link to the correct files and recommended a Samsung repair center 25 miles away, for $80. This is pretty ridiculous given that I was stuck with this phone after going through three separate recalls my my Note 7. Not a please Samsung customer!

0 Likes
emmanuel9
First Poster
Options

Hi guys well i had the same problem with my s7 edge. I used the phone for 2months after the 8.0 update then just last week another update came up which was about 300mb+ i ignored it for some days and finally did it on thursday,after the update my phone came on and worked for about 5 minutes then restarted. I felt maybe it didn't finish,until it continued to reboot every two minutes. I looked online and did everything i saw but it didn't work...I wiped the phone and now it just keeps showing installing apps then it restarts again... I can't use it till now cause i took it out and nobody could fix it for me,so i'm currently frustrated

0 Likes
ablandina
Student
Options

@Cybervision wrote:

As I mentioned before the store sorted my phone and reverted it back to android 7.0 I checked for updates the day after and the new 8.0 was still coming up to udate. Today I've checked and they have withdrawn it on OTA 

I live in Brazil and the problems I have are:

-Gallery my pictures (saved on sd)are gray, the ones I took after the update show and the ones that I tool prior to November 2017(possibly with a different OS) also show.

-Google play music all my songs(saved on sd) do not play but they are there

- android auto does not recognize the voice commands anymore, so I have to stop the car and load my maps, they will then show on my screen...and I cannot make any calls using voice...

At the Samsung store they said my sd card is corrupt. But it was not, and games, documents and some pictures are accessible. So I believe the problem is the uodatr and since cell versions and software version are different around the world that might explain why many have problems and some don't

0 Likes
ablandina
Student
Options
Any answer?
0 Likes
ablandina
Student
Options

@Cybervision wrote:

As I mentioned before the store sorted my phone and reverted it back to android 7.0 I checked for updates the day after and the new 8.0 was still coming up to udate. Today I've checked and they have withdrawn it on OTA 

Do you know how to revert it? My store in Brazil did not give me that option they just threw the problem back to me saying that I have a falty SD card...

0 Likes
RobinBoston
First Poster
Options

Can't blame Samsung?   Really?    My Galaxy S7 worked perfectly up until the Oreo update.  Now it's a piece of junk.    Can't blame it on rogue apps because I'm using the exact same ones I was using  before the update.   I've already done the factory reset and it did nothing.   I agree with the person who wrote the post that you replied to.   I hate Apple products but this is enough to make me go back.    It's infuriating that Samsung doesn't seem to be paying attention.   I guess I'm just supposed to buy a new phone for $800.    I suspect that was the intention anyway.   After all, Apply got away with it.   

Sabrina27
First Poster
Options

I live in Guyana and I'm having issues as well. since the software update my touch stop responding.

0 Likes