Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S8 smart view not working

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 06:46 AM)
Jon54321
Student
Options

Hi, 

Smart view won't connect properly between my s8 and Samsung tv. It immediately disconnects.

I can screen mirror my old s6 no problem so assume something wrong with my s8 software and not the tv. 

Any advice to fix please?

Jon 

70 REPLIES 70
jpc91w
First Poster
Options

Long press the smart view button on the drop down menu and clear the cache.

0 Likes
Kinross
First Poster
Options

Hi There

I see you have made quite a lot of comments about SmartView not working and things to try to fix it.  I have a Samsung S6 phone and have been able to stream in the past from my phone to my Samsung Smart TV.  The TV and phone find each other just fine, however, the app that I am streaming from my phone will only work about about 2 1/2 minutes and then the screen mirroring ends.  I did find that there were 2 other devices listed on my TV and I have deleted both of those.  There was some suggestion that I should delete from phone from the list as well, is that a good idea?  My TV does not require any updates, nor does my phone.  I haven't tried to mirror this app for probably 6 months (it's a netball app provided by Telstra).  I can stream this ap fine just on my phone, but when I try to mirror it to my TV it only works for a couple of minutes then stops.  I don't want to use the Smart View app as that requires you to be on the wi-fi network and then the app will use my home network data {which is limited).  If I just use the phone connected to the mobile network Telstra will allow me to stream the app "data free".

I hope you can help.

Jan

0 Likes
Teresa15
First Poster
Options

Ty! I can't believe I was so dense I didn't even think to do that. I spent hrs looking for a solution.

0 Likes
User88444
First Poster
Options

Dear all,

I was having the same problems with smartview and have found another solution. Try to resetting the TV to factory settings.

0 Likes
Jimmy101
First Poster
Options

Ok, find the remote that came with Samsung smart TV, go to menu, general, external device manager, device connect manager, and device list.

Delete all on this list.

Then go to smart view, connect and be ready to [allow] on your remote/TV .

0 Likes
Kinross
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying to my problem.  Unfortunately I had already done that but it still bombs out after a few minutes.  My phone is actually an S6.  My daughter's S8 streams fine, so I think it is something that has happened after an update to the phone.

0 Likes
Firas2
First Poster
Options

I’m trying to connect through my iPhone 8plus and it anable to connect 

0 Likes
Burhanuldin
First Poster
Options

Hi there I have same experience last few days but I managed to connect with my tv via smartthing app an follow the instructions download and you need to activate code which will display on your tv when its says rest try then after that setup you can able to connect via smart view  app try this I hope that help 

0 Likes
MihailMarkov
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much man. I did what you mentioned and it wokred. I also disconnected my other devices from the tv, not sure what was causing the issue, but now everything works fine.

0 Likes
Michelle40
First Poster
Options

Thank you.. after trying everything suggested this worked! 

My phone was blocked for some weird reason.

0 Likes