Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

(Topic created on: 31-12-2017 09:37 PM)
ahaines130
First Poster
Options

Hi Folks,

First of all I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

I bought myself the above mentioned wearable from Argos for step counting at work and for the gym, hiking and swimming because it had good reviews. I've had it less than a week and I've only used it so far for step counting at work and tonight I was in the break room when I happen to glance down at the screen and noticed it was shattered, I can't believe this has happened and it's a good job I took out the insurance, you would of thought that Samsung would have put unbreakable glass on them1514756190107171382563.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ahaines130

The watch display is made from Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3  which is strong but if caught on something then like any other display it can and will scratch or crack.

Curved displays seem particular prone as they do have weak spots a bit like the curved edges on some Samsung phones. 

There isn't unbreakable glass on wearables , phones or tablets.

They all have the possibility of having damage caused to them. 

There are display screen protectors for most wearables nowadays. I had one fitted on my Samsung Gear s2 Classic Watch. 

Unfortunatley accidental damage isn't covered by the Manufacturing Warranty so it was good forsite to have insurance. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "