Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Connection (Watch4 test)

(Topic created on: 27-09-2021 07:53 PM)
GusB
Big Cheese
Options

Just flicking through the settings to make sure I havnt missed anything...came across remote connection which I havnt used before...

Set it up and associated my watch to these settings, now means that's I could use the watch for audio calls even if I don't have a Bluetooth connection....

Does anyone else have any other experience with this feature? Worth keeping on? Or a battery hog?

Phone settings

Watch settings

5 REPLIES 5
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I've used it in the past and found it useful, even at home. Bluetooth connection can drop between rooms but with watch auto connecting to WiFi then I can happily leave phone charging in a room and not worry on missing calls.
Ereza
Explorer
Options

I have Galaxy S10+ and Watch 4Classic and its not work for me from some reason i dont know why?

how did you did it? i did it with my old watch3 but wuth the new one i cant

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/watch4-classic-call-amp-text-on-other-devices/m-p/3998...

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Oh sorry not sure what to suggest... Literally just turned it on and it worked
0 Likes
Ereza
Explorer
Options

For some reason I can't linked my watch4 classic to galaxy S10+

0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I don't have the call and text on other devices enabled, but Have the gw4 with lte on ee. it's more useful on watches if you don't have the lte subscription and want to make calls using WiFi or Bluetooth connection (Bluetooth connection you don't need this setting on to do that, the galaxy wearable app will be sufficient). Remote connection will get you your other notifications like WhatsApp, email when your phone is on, or other depending on your settings. If phone is off your only gonna get calls if you have a lte subscription. (Although if you on o2 I think you need your phone to be on even for this functionality)
0 Likes