Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Galaxy Bud disconnected

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 02:20 PM)
LokethaAngel
Student
Options

Monday, both my galaxy buds were working fine. Battery was low, but I couldn't charge them so I just continued using until left bud died, then went to right bud independently. Monday night I charged them in the case overnight. Tuesday morning the case light was green, and I popped in the right bud. When I went to switch to my left bud, it was unresponsive. The bud was not registering it was in my ear at all - there was no hum or chime. The wearable app has the ! Next to the left bud while right bud shows 95% charged. I tried cleaning the bud real well, and even switched back to the original wings and tips but to no avail. I have tried leaving just the left bud in the case whilst plugged in, the case charges but the center bud charging light stays red. I cannot reset the buds because both have to be connected- I also cannot connect to another device because of this. Sunday I did have an update for the wearable app, and I wonder if that has to do with it, but it's just the one. Any ideas short of heading into a retail to have diagnosed?

57 REPLIES 57
JbcTX
First Poster
Options

I put both buds back in the case, pressed and held both the touchpad parts for 10 seconds. The green light blinked. Then, I turned bluetooth iff and in to reconnect. They both joined into one and worked again.

Mayuran1
Student
Options

0 Likes
Mayuran1
Student
Options

Thanks for your help! It worked for me.

0 Likes
RobertC04
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue. Just bought them from repacked. When first started them, both buds+ were working correctly. 

At some point, noticed that left bud, was showing off in Galaxy Wearables and wouldn't want to connect no matter how many reset, restart, turn on/off to bluetooth phone. 

So only my right bud was working and what worked for me was this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgv71BI4WM

Before trying below, make sure your disconnected bud is charging. Only put the disconnected bud in the case and check if the inside led is going red(continously red inside led -> means bud/buds is/are charging). Make sure you let the disconnected bud alone 15-20 min to charge, to make sure is charged some procents. If this is not working, try to take some cloth and clean the pins. Carefully to not bend/broke them

Step 1: Reset Buds+ from Galaxy Wearables

Step 2: Turn off bluetooth

Step 3: Put buds in case

Step 4: Press the working bud, until the inside led from charging case start flashind green, keep touching until it goes flashing red(i think this is some sort of hard reset)

Step 5: Close case for 20-30 seconds.

Step 6: Take out the disconnected bud and quickly put it in ear. You should hear some beep. If not, try to connect directly to phone.

Step 6: Try to connect again with the usual steps(open buds case and connect from phone)

Step 7: If the above did not worked.  Repeat step 1-3, but at 4 keep pressing the button until the inside led is going again green(it did for me, not sure what this means) and continue with the next steps

Hope it helps. I've tried connecting to other phone as well, to troubleshoot, reinstall wearables and buds+ plugin and they did not worked, not sure if something was also done while doing this that made them work. 

For me it worked only after the Step

Also, #samsung you should put in quick tips how to hard reset your buds if this disconnects. As you can see, users are ok with this as long as they can fix it quickly

shreekavithaa
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue. None of the answers seem to be working. Please help here. 

0 Likes
NTSon
First Poster
Options

It's worked for me. Thank you.

0 Likes
masood5064
Student
Options

hello i have same problem do you have solution?

0 Likes
Ryan_23
First Poster
Options

https://youtu.be/FZMu8OzGdDY

try this, worked like magic

0 Likes
Rend_e_nazarbaz
First Poster
Options

<span;>Hello dear friends
<span;>Finally, with the help of a friend, I was able to fix a right Samsung Airbuds  that was not charging and was disconnected. This problem is a common problem even in foreign forums and everyone is looking for software fixes, but unfortunately the solution is something else. I tried so hard to find a solution, but I could not! But women are strange creatures to solve the problems... 😁
<span;>Know and be aware that the metal charging location on the Airbuds, which is golden in color, is dirty and will not allow to be charged. So just rub or scratch that part with the tip of a metal object a little so that the mass is removed and then it will be recharged.
<span;>I hope it helps other friends. If useful, like my comment
<span;>good luck

0 Likes
RMarr
First Poster
Options
Same issue here and little or no support from Samsung...
0 Likes