Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Galaxy Bud disconnected

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 10:09 PM)
LokethaAngel
Student
Options

Monday, both my galaxy buds were working fine. Battery was low, but I couldn't charge them so I just continued using until left bud died, then went to right bud independently. Monday night I charged them in the case overnight. Tuesday morning the case light was green, and I popped in the right bud. When I went to switch to my left bud, it was unresponsive. The bud was not registering it was in my ear at all - there was no hum or chime. The wearable app has the ! Next to the left bud while right bud shows 95% charged. I tried cleaning the bud real well, and even switched back to the original wings and tips but to no avail. I have tried leaving just the left bud in the case whilst plugged in, the case charges but the center bud charging light stays red. I cannot reset the buds because both have to be connected- I also cannot connect to another device because of this. Sunday I did have an update for the wearable app, and I wonder if that has to do with it, but it's just the one. Any ideas short of heading into a retail to have diagnosed?

57 REPLIES 57
Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Galaxy Buds are an eception to the standard headphone warrenty Shanny. Check with your local repair centre. All should cover for 12months with some centres still servicing up to 2 years. But please check with your local centre first.

0 Likes
lokansh
First Poster
Options

I have found a solution to this problem my left ear bud suddenly showing disconnected in Samsung wearable app and i was not able to hear from my left bud from at least 10 days i tried many things including what he says in the video but until this worked for me

here is how i got it back to work:-

so i reset my ear buds and DID NOT connect back to any device

then i put my case (including buds in them) on charging after 15 mins I connected my buds to my phone

and my left ear buds was connected with 17% charged. i was so ***** happy that it worked cause in this lockdown you can't go to service center so i guess the problem was it somehow was not able to charge but it did when i reset and did'nt connect back immediately i hope it works for you guys!!

Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Brilliant, thanks for the update

0 Likes
IziBartek
First Poster
Options

Tried it and it didn't work 😞

0 Likes
Sigfred
Apprentice
Options

Same. I still cant connect with my right ear buds.

0 Likes
Sigfred
Apprentice
Options

I hope a better sollution will come out. Its frustrating now it's lockdown ..

0 Likes
Sigfred
Apprentice
Options

Update:

Mine's already working. I fully charged my ear buds and then after that, i tried to connect it automatically by opening the case and puting on my buds on my ears. After that, still the other half is not connected so i put it again (only the other half) in the case while charging for about 5 secs. And then i put it back again to my ears and now it works and detects its battery level. Hope this works with you all..

AmeliaSmith
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem but with my right earbud, I can't update them because it says they both need to be connected and I can't connect my right earbud. Please help 

0 Likes
MimbleWimble
First Poster
Options

UPDATE:

Today I was on call and I forgot to charge my BUDS+ and suddenly my right one got disconnected as it went completely out of battery but the left one still had some juice in it so I thought of continuing my call for few more seconds. Then after I inserted my both buds for charging and after few hours I was disappointed to see left one not connecting at all so I tried various solution offered in this thread but I wasn't able to revive my left one.

After thinking a lot I thought of doing an experiment. The experiment is as follow:

1. I charged my galaxy buds+ case (without buds) to the full.

2. I only inserted my LEFT BUD ( the one that wasn't working at all ) for the charging leaving the right one out of it for few hours.

To my surprise after putting only the left one( affected ) in the case for charging, I was able to connect it after few minutes.

Conclusion:

Due to some reason the left bud wasnt charging at all after heavy usage till it got discharged.

So I have a suggestion: 

1. The bud which isn't connecting to the phone, its contacts should be cleaned thoroughly. I would also advise to clean the case contacts.

2. After the affected bud is fully charged, you can put back the other one in the case, until then let the affected bud charge to the full.

0 Likes
bobowyc
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue and I have just purhased it in March from a person who got it through the S20 promo, I think. After using for 2 months, now I cant seem to use the left ear bud. I have tried all methods mentioned here and to no avail. Do I need to send it for warranty at Samsung Service Centre? Better I get it done soon as I worry its warranty is only valid for 3 months. Or no warranty at all. I kinda forgot. xD Please help. 😞 

0 Likes