Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Galaxy Bud disconnected

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 02:28 PM)
LokethaAngel
Student
Options

Monday, both my galaxy buds were working fine. Battery was low, but I couldn't charge them so I just continued using until left bud died, then went to right bud independently. Monday night I charged them in the case overnight. Tuesday morning the case light was green, and I popped in the right bud. When I went to switch to my left bud, it was unresponsive. The bud was not registering it was in my ear at all - there was no hum or chime. The wearable app has the ! Next to the left bud while right bud shows 95% charged. I tried cleaning the bud real well, and even switched back to the original wings and tips but to no avail. I have tried leaving just the left bud in the case whilst plugged in, the case charges but the center bud charging light stays red. I cannot reset the buds because both have to be connected- I also cannot connect to another device because of this. Sunday I did have an update for the wearable app, and I wonder if that has to do with it, but it's just the one. Any ideas short of heading into a retail to have diagnosed?

57 REPLIES 57
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @LokethaAngel! Make sure that the Galaxy Buds are fully up to date by heading to: Galaxy Wearable app > About earbuds > Update earbuds software > Download and install. Also, turn your Bluetooth OFF and ON, on your mobile device and leave both the buds in the case, charging for 10 minutes. Does it help? 

0 Likes
LokethaAngel
Student
Options

Thank you for the response. At the time, I was fully up to date and had tried the bluetooth on and off. I did, however get a new update BUT I still cannot get the left bud to connect or charge.

0 Likes
SamsonS10
First Poster
Options

Well my wife was able to get a replacement under warranty within 1yr. Hurray  for that unfortunately the problem just happen to mine and I'm out of warranty.  Wish or hope your post catches samsung attention about this. Cheers.

kingbigirmz
First Poster
Options

Good morning the last couple of days I been trying to get the left side of my earbuds to connect and it has been saying disconnected !   if it is up to date and please help. I have reset it  still doing the same  thing  

0 Likes
Skumari
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue with mine at the moment. Have you been able to find a solution yet?

WilliamSidis
First Poster
Options

You cant update them if they are disconnected......

JamalMusic
First Poster
Options

Hey, I had the same issue.

But I seemed to have resolved it. 

I simply went into my bluetooth settings and unpaired my galaxy buds. 

Then I switched off my bluetooth and restarted my phone. 

Once the phone had started, I switched the bluetooth back on, opened my galaxy buds case and paired them with my phone. Both earbuds now work with my galaxy s10. 

Hope this works for you. Cheers 

Jamal

Skumari
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thank you for the advice. I tried what you said, but it's still not working. Thank you though:)

Jonathan1205
Samsung Helper
Options

Hi LokethaAngel, Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy Buds. Here's a few things that you can try:
1. Place both buds in the charging case for 10-15 seconds, then place them back in your ears.
2. Disable Bluetooth on the connected mobile device for around 20 seconds then re-enable it. 
3. Open the Galaxy Wearables app > About Earbuds > Reset Earbuds

If the issue persists then I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect the buds for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

0 Likes