Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop an auto activity Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 08:15 PM)
Valentina Paris
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Auto activity tracking starts which is great but I haven't worked out how to stop it. Sometimes is carried on for 10 minutes or more after I've stopped but there's no pause or finish options. I don't want to disable this feature, but just to know how to stop it when it gets started. The only way I found to stop it is to stand perfectly still for 30 seconds or more which is pretty impossible and silly.

Is there a way to sort this?

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Valentina Paris: If you swipe right on the Workout screen, are you able to Pause or Finish the tracking from here? If you're walking or running, you may see the option to switch to Manual exercise after it has been automatically recognised. If this is the case, switch to Manual, then swipe right to Pause or Finish the workout. 

Valentina Paris
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply.

I tried swiping all directions and clicking all buttons but nothing, I couldn't find an option to stop it. Regarding switching to manual, sometimes I don't even notice that the watch automatically detected the activity (for example while walking) and after a few minutes it's no longer possible to switch to manual, at least I couldn't find that option either. I also tried opening the Samsung health app both on the watch and on the phone (galaxy s21+), but I couldn't find a way to either stop the activity or switch to manual. Am I getting something wrong or simply there is no way around this?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Valentina Paris: You're not doing anything wrong, so don't worry. When you stop doing some exercises for more than one minute, the Watch automatically recognises that you have stopped exercising and recording will end. I understand that you have attempted this previously, and recommend resting for a minute following any workouts to allow the feature time to recognise that you are no longer active. Alternatively, although not ideal, manually start and end your workouts to allow for more accurate readings. 

0 Likes
Valentina Paris
Apprentice
Options

Thank you again for your quick reply.

I do start my workouts manually, except for walking (for example whith my dogs), so when I'm back home I don't really need to rest and I don't always have the option to stand still for a minute (I have to go somewhere, cooking, etc.), so the option to either stop an auto dected activity or switch to manual whenever I need, it'd be very useful. I hope Samsung will implement this feature, is there a way to send this request/feedback?

0 Likes
Members_yVr41yM
First Poster
Options

Double press quickly on the bottom right hand button. This brings up a menu of 4 icons, one of which (the X) ends the paused workout.  

Wilson984
First Poster
Options

Hi, how do you turn off the function to auto stop recording a workout?  I was hiking, and needed a rest, and the recording of my hike stopped.  I'd like choose when to stop recording.

0 Likes
Shalifi
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. I didn't want to stop for a minute either. Turn the watch off and on again.  That ends it and after a minute the autorecorded workout should appear in the samsung health app.  Worked for me

0 Likes