Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get notifications for parallel apps?

(Topic created on: 17-09-2019 04:34 PM)
mtillbrook
Apprentice
Options

Hi - I have the galaxy watch and I'm very happy with it however, I also have a dual-sim phone (OnePlus 7 Pro) and run WhatsApp in its normal mode and also as a parallel app for the second sim.

Is there a way I can get notifications on my watch for the parallel app? In the Wearable app I can select WhatsApp but there's no option for the parallel version and, sure enough, the notifcations don't come through to the watch.

Any clues? Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
AlexyzMurphy
Apprentice
Options
Hi mtillbrook, Could you solve it? I have the same issue with my Oneplus 5T
mtillbrook
Apprentice
Options

Hi - No, I never got a reply from anyone on this. I'd love to be able to solve it, its driving me nuts!

MrMashari
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, we need a solution!

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hey all!

We've just sent this suggestion to our Development Team. As soon as we get any word back we'll be back in touch!

Welcome to the Community!

DannyT
Options

Hey all.

So after suggesting this feature to the Development Team, they have come back and let me know that this feature should already be available.

If this isn't sending to your Gear correctly, could you send through an error report for us? To do this follow these steps.

On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics > Toggle On.

On your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND.

mtillbrook
Apprentice
Options

Thanks DannyT - I've done this now. I look forward to hearing the solution - in what format am I likely to hear anything?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
We'll come back to you here as soon as we hear anything!

AlexyzMurphy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks DannyT, It is already done, I already sent the report. I hope it can be solved.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all. Our Developers have just come back with the following on this one:

"Developers claim that the feature would only work on Samsung Dual app. This feature wouldn't work on the parallel app due to permissions. Samsung watch, due to permissions can only show notifications from the main session (E.g. in case of WhatsApp, it will only show the notifications from the main WhatsAap, the one that was configured first). The second WhatsAap is additional, that's why watch doesn't have permissions to show its notifications. It doesn't matter which SIM card is used".

Hope this helps!

0 Likes