Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get notifications for parallel apps?

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 04:38 PM)
mtillbrook
Apprentice
Options

Hi - I have the galaxy watch and I'm very happy with it however, I also have a dual-sim phone (OnePlus 7 Pro) and run WhatsApp in its normal mode and also as a parallel app for the second sim.

Is there a way I can get notifications on my watch for the parallel app? In the Wearable app I can select WhatsApp but there's no option for the parallel version and, sure enough, the notifcations don't come through to the watch.

Any clues? Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
AlexyzMurphy
Apprentice
Options
Oh no, so sad!!
0 Likes
0Strato0
First Poster
Options

Only on Samsung watch. If I use a LG, an Huawei or a xiaomi, they all work. It's a shame. 

I'm with the same problem and I bought a watch that cost 300euros and I don't have the parallel notifications. Samsung you can do it but you don't care about the small percentage of your customers

0 Likes
steborg
First Poster
Options

same problems  here,  it seems that  issue, incredible annoyng its not solved yet  , i just bought 3 Wacthes  Active 2  on amazon for my 3 nephews and allthe3 guys have phone with dual sim ...if id ont get a solutions in few days i will return the 3 watches ..DUAL SIM whatsapp notification is not a problem on any other phone works perfect ..only on SAsmugn Active 2 is not working...its very stupid from SAmsung to not solve such a simple  issue espccially now thats most phone have dual sim , i gues they dont give a ***** to sell wearables

0 Likes
DollarBill
Journeyman
Options

I run exactly the same setup and it works for me. If I go to the Galaxy Wearable app and select Watch Settings - Notifications and click on Watsaspp (NOT the toggle but the actual wording) I get another screen showing both versions of Whatsap on my phone - the standard and parallel one. You can then just enable them both. 

Members_lC1WU1u
First Poster
Options

Hello. Can you please post a screenshot of what you see or describe better? When I go to Galaxy Wearable app, watch settings - notifications, WhatsApp and I click on the actual wording I just can personalize the style of notifications on the watch. It doesn't see the cloned WhatsApp app running in my Mi 9T Pro. 

0 Likes
DollarBill
Journeyman
Options

Here's the screenshot showing both of my Whatsapp installs:

Just to be clear, I am running one instance as normal and the other inside Samsung Secure Folder (which is the one with the red dot). 

scren.jpg

0 Likes
Valebettins
First Poster
Options

I don't have that in my OnePlus 7t.

Please advise. It's so upsetting, for this I might return the watch since it's not notifying me of new messages...

0 Likes
Rodgarci
First Poster
Options

Thanks , this works !!

0 Likes