Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2017 02:50 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

Go to solution
157 REPLIES 157
Pieter77
Explorer
Options

Ah sorry missed that, just performed a reset. Watch connected after restart of iPhone. Hope this keeps working. Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
Vlad1982
First Poster
Options
Same ***** for me. Works fine for about a week and then i have to reset the ***** watch and reinstall all necessary apps on the phone. Really annoying...
0 Likes
timovos
Apprentice
Options

I'm also having difficulties automatic re-connecting after out-of-range. Nokia 8 and Gear S3. All software up-to-date.

0 Likes
Ventze
First Poster
Options

My solution: turn off Duraspeed (or any other automatic task killers).

dglezschez
Apprentice
Options

Just posting to say that as of today I still got the problem of constant disconnecting. Tried every trick without success.

0 Likes
Bellow
First Poster
Options

Problem has been solved once and forever by moving on Apple Watch 5. To summarise, friendship of Iphone and Samsung smart watch is not a good idea! 

0 Likes
dglezschez
Apprentice
Options

Update: about 20 hours ago I installed Bluetooth Auto Connect app and so far my watch hasn´t disconnected anymore (I have worn it about half of that time, recieving messages and stuff).
It´s never pretty to install a third party app to solve a basic functionality of a device, but at least it´s a light weight app. doesn´t require many permissions, it´s free and come without ads (still Samsung should solve this natively).
I don´t know if happines will last, but if you tried every other recomendation without success this may be worth a try.

0 Likes
AntonioJB
Apprentice
Options

I have been using it for months and without problems. (Auto bluetooth conect) Samsung doesn't seem to care. My application is easy. No more products of this brand.

0 Likes
MrsICandi
First Poster
Options
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!
This issue was beyond annoying, and now my watch syncs/reconnects seamlessly with my phone at all times. 😁👍
0 Likes
Pieter77
Explorer
Options

So after installing at least an update (both Watch and iPhone) the watch is now buzzing every time it's reconnecting and keeps asking to confirm the passkey (in order to (re)connect). This is really irritating. I tried really reconnecting the watch (remove it from my bluetooth list), but still keeps asking. 

It looks like the reconnecting itself has improved, but having to accept the key everytime is really anoying. Is there a way to disable this? Does anyone else have the same problem?

iPhone 8 (ios 13.3),

Gear S3: Tizen 4.0.0.4, Software R760XXU2ESF2