Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 24-05-2018 12:49 AM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Michel-1968
Apprentice
Options

Same here, since I have had this watch, one and a half year ago, I've had many connecting problems. The latest Gear update made eveything worse I think. I used to see 2 BT names on my iPhone6 when I tried to link it. Now I am only seeing one BT name. When I pair the my phone with my watch, it says connected for 1 second, and then it disconnects.

After resetting the watch, it only asks that I need to install the Gear software on my phone. I have re-installed it, but the boot of the watch just won't continue, unless I see to skip the connecting to my phone.

0 Likes
Solution
leogcalegari
Apprentice
Options

Correct. I had the same issue...tried to reset my gear and also re-installed Samsung Gear app and nothing... until I decide to clear the cash for the bluethooth and now it is back...

Michel-1968
Apprentice
Options

How did you clear the cache? On your iPhone or on the watch? I have reset my phone, reset the watch. Nothing seems to help. The Bluetooth LE signal is not found, only the Gear S3 bluetooth, but it keeps disconnecting immediatelly after connecting.

0 Likes
NathanWojo
First Poster
Options

Since the latest uptade on the watch, I have not had the problem anymore. Thanks to all who tried to help though.

0 Likes
Solution
Critic4U
Journeyman
Options

@leogcalegari wrote:

Correct. I had the same issue...tried to reset my gear and also re-installed Samsung Gear app and nothing... until I decide to clear the cash for the bluethooth and now it is back...

Tried your fix and it worked. Thanks Bud.

For others that have no idea where to go to clear the cache and need some help (This is only for Andriod because I do not own a iPhone.) goto Settings > Apps > tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select "Show system apps". > Scroll down to bluetooth and tap on it > tap on force close > tap force stop on the pop up > tap storage > tap clear cache > your phone should reboot the bluetooth and connect to the watch at this point. (If it doesn't > go to the gear app and tap connect, it should be the last time you have to.)

I did this and it worked for me I tested it left my phone in the house walked out to the street (25 feet) it disconnected, I walked back in and it reconnected; in fact, I went out in the back yard about another 25 feet away and stayed outside for about twenty minutes came back in and it reconnected.

Before I did this I would constantly have to keep going to the gear app and tap on connect. 

Hope this helps.

studmccall81
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, s3 is connected to my s8 via bluetooth and when i jump into my car (merc A180d) and connects to the car it disconnects my s3 (watch) and wont re-connect once im out. Starting to annoy me big time!

Raul_lm
Student
Options

Same problem with my Gear S3 and new Nokia 8 Sirocco with Android Oreo... sucks!

0 Likes
Sennen13
First Poster
Options

How do I manually connect my s3 watch to my iPhone 5. My watch keeps disconnecting from my phone 

0 Likes
Tach
First Poster
Options

did you ever get a solution?

0 Likes
labanauskas
First Poster
Options

Since Tizen 3 there is no problems with BT

0 Likes