Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Wear App update renders watch useless!!!

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 01:13 PM)
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

A week or two back Samsung FORCED an update to the Wearable app, now my phone will not connect or pair with my watch at all.

This is stupid, yet another FORCED update that breaks a £200+ gadget.

I have reset the watch to factory, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps, restarted my phone and no, they will NOT connect.

I know they are trying because when the app moves from the main screen to the "finishing pairing" screen I can see the battery levels and watch image (screenshots attached)

Screenshot_2021-01-22-13-18-37-422_com.samsung.android.geargplugin.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-22-13-18-44-686_com.samsung.android.geargplugin.jpg

 Then it fails, every time....

I have even unpaired every other Bluetooth item so the watch is the only one there, still not working...

I know they can see each other because of the above screenshot and that if I try to pair without the app, just Bluetooth, then they connect although obviously o can't do anything with that...

FIX THIS APP AND STOP FORCE UPDATING APPS!

10 REPLIES 10
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

Right, and to prove it is the App that is the problem I have just uninstalled it again, gone to apk mirror and downloaded the 10th Nov 2020 version and it worked FIRST TIME....

So how do I stop this STUPID forced update?

I've only had it since September 2020 so unless this is fixed then Samsung will yet again break and render useless my £200+ watch and I will be forced to sue through the Small Claims court as Unfit For Purpose...

0 Likes
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

So I tried to go on live chat for support, got connected but no one spoke to me for over 50 minutes....

Terrible...!

I need Samsung Support to contact me over this otherwise I will be going to the Courts for redress. 

You have rendered my watch useless by your incompetence, and you are making no efforts to assist.

£239.99 plus time, plus costs, plus compensation please...

neil2509
Student
Options

Screenshot_20210123-171852.png

Similar problem with mine as of today. Watch disconnects all together from my phone and takes me back to scratch with watch set up but my phone won't even see the watch now even though Bluetooth on phone is fine with other devices. Been trying various ways for the past 5 hrs with no success. Given up now. Only had it since June and this isn't the first time it's done this but always been able to get it connected again and then restore my settings. No such luck this time!!! 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello @Dingles 

clear the data of the app

tap and hold the Wearables app → tap app info → Storage → clear data

*backup first the app data before clear data

restart the phone then retry pairing

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

Doesn't work, as above, I deleted all data, uninstalled, restarted phone, reinstalled, logged in, factory reset watch, will NOT connect.

I installed the previous version of the App from Nov 2010 and this works perfectly.

The current version of the App DOES NOT WORK and is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

There are loads of people reporting this and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if 99% of the problems are "non-Samsung phones"... in other words, intentional obsolescence from Samsung which is entirely illegal in this country.

0 Likes
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

I can only suggest going to APK mirror (there's another good APK repository but I forget its name...) and downloading the previous version (Nov 2010 works for me)...

So far the old version has not tried to auto-update, even though in Google Play it offers to update I just ignore it.

I'm keeping the APK file incase it tries to update then I can reinstall again... stupid that I have to do this, but thats Samsung for you..😡

Obviously the usual caveats about "you're on your own if you do this" if things go wrong  🤕

0 Likes
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

Found an issue with "going back 2 updates"in that the Store will not work...

Samsung?

@AntS 

Any comment?

0 Likes
neil2509
Student
Options

Thanks, This actually worked for me.... Until the next time!! 

0 Likes
Dingles
Journeyman
Options

Neil, I used the 10th Nov version, it connects with the watch perfectly but the Galaxy Store will not work.....

Which version did you use and does the Store work for you?

0 Likes