Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5/ 5 Pro Google Wallet not working: "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments"

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 01:40 PM)
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Got my Galaxy Watch5 Pro today. Just setting it up and trying to add cards to my Google Wallet.

I'm in the process of changing banks, so have multiple cards.

I have tried Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit & MasterCard Credit (don't currently have a Visa Credit to try).
None of them can be added. I just keep getting "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments" when I attempt to add a card.

One of the things I loved about my Watch4 Classic was the use of Google Pay/Wallet. I may have to return this and keep the Watch4 Classic. The only reason to change was the larger battery life.

I'm in Ireland (if that makes a difference).

Does anyone know why this is happening or have a solution?

156 REPLIES 156
Members_5UrsSxT
First Poster
Options

Als je dan op de je horloge een kaart wilt toevoegen druk je op het + teken dan opent google wallet op je telefoon kies dan een nieuwe kaart toevoegen ook al staat er al een kaart in, dat mag dezelfde zijn als.die er al instaat dan zou hij moeten werken

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Everything is up to date on both of mine.

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

@Members_5UrsSxT wrote:

Als je dan op de je horloge een kaart wilt toevoegen druk je op het + teken dan opent google wallet op je telefoon kies dan een nieuwe kaart toevoegen ook al staat er al een kaart in, dat mag dezelfde zijn als.die er al instaat dan zou hij moeten werken

That doesn't work on mine, I'm adding a new card as part of my test each time.

0 Likes
Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

I can  now add  Mastercards to my S22U and to my watch 4 classic but still can not add any cards to watch 5pro .

Starling was ok on the watch 4  but Natwest Mastercard debit will not add to either watch

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

I tried removing a card from my Wallet on my phone (as I've seen other recommend this) and adding it again via the Watch 5Pro, but same issue.
I wonder does it have anything to do with the date? Is Google not expecting us to have this until the 26th of August or after?
This is from Galaxy Unpacked...

DOS__0-1661419621214.png

0 Likes
Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

Same error on Watch 4 until today  for me tho

0 Likes
Onkendi
Explorer
Options

I am also in Ireland. I am unable to add any card. Have updated the app to latest version. Seems like it is not completely sorted.

0 Likes
AmarIKA
First Poster
Options

I installed the new wallet update today on my watch 5 pro and I was able to add all my Mastercards finally 😀

0 Likes
Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

I still cannot add Mastercards to my watch 5 pro even after the update   2.150.470011508

watch 4 is fine to add cards

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

@AmarIKA wrote:

I installed the new wallet update today on my watch 5 pro and I was able to add all my Mastercards finally 😀

Where are you based AmarIKA?
Seems us folks in Ireland still can't use Wallet on the Watch5 Pro.

0 Likes