Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5/ 5 Pro Google Wallet not working: "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments"

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 01:40 PM)
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Got my Galaxy Watch5 Pro today. Just setting it up and trying to add cards to my Google Wallet.

I'm in the process of changing banks, so have multiple cards.

I have tried Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit & MasterCard Credit (don't currently have a Visa Credit to try).
None of them can be added. I just keep getting "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments" when I attempt to add a card.

One of the things I loved about my Watch4 Classic was the use of Google Pay/Wallet. I may have to return this and keep the Watch4 Classic. The only reason to change was the larger battery life.

I'm in Ireland (if that makes a difference).

Does anyone know why this is happening or have a solution?

156 REPLIES 156
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

@DOS_ wrote:

@ChelseaH wrote:

Hi! I just wanted to let everybody know that we've received an update on this today. Samsung have found a software error with some of the Watch5 Pro devices, and there will be a new software update available for you shortly. As soon as this is available, we'd recommend updating your device to the latest software version! 

If your issues continue after this, please feel free to drop some more messages on this thread. Thank you so much for your patience while this was escalated and reviewed! 

Thanks @ChelseaH ,
I think we found the software error, but you know, we'll let this one go :winking-face:
When you say shortly, do you mean in a few hours, or a few days?
I think everyone on this thread will update immediately.

And we'll let you know if there are any issues after the update.

Thank you.

Hi @ChelseaH ,
Any update on when this will be available? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Members_7YEisGS
Journeyman
Options

Updating mine now. Finally. Its about time.

Ribaldi
First Poster
Options

Just applied samsung watch update and phone update.

I was able to add my cards to Google wallet on the watch finally! 👍

PMC_Ireland
Journeyman
Options

Was finally able to update my watch this morning. Can add cards now successfully!!!

DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @ChelseaH ,
I woke to find a software update ready for my watch. I applied the update and was able to add cards to Google Wallet on my watch.
Thank you for your help.

It only took 43 days from the day I received it to today for Samsung to sort this, despite 16 pages of posts here, multiple reports on Members app and chats with people on the Samsung website.
I just wish Samsung had paid more attention to their customers from the start.

Over all, this would score negatively on NPS, not even a 0.

Hopefully I never have to post in here again.

Shazmacks
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to get a fix for this?? I cant even seem to dowload the wallet. I dont have a play store just galaxy store and wallet isnt in there. So frustrating. 

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

All sorted since my last post.

I assume you have a Google account on your watch, etc and are using a Watch5 Pro? 

0 Likes