Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch5/ 5 Pro Google Wallet not working: "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments"

(Topic created on: 23-08-2022 01:40 PM)
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Got my Galaxy Watch5 Pro today. Just setting it up and trying to add cards to my Google Wallet.

I'm in the process of changing banks, so have multiple cards.

I have tried Visa Debit, MasterCard Debit & MasterCard Credit (don't currently have a Visa Credit to try).
None of them can be added. I just keep getting "This phone can't be set up for contactless payments" when I attempt to add a card.

One of the things I loved about my Watch4 Classic was the use of Google Pay/Wallet. I may have to return this and keep the Watch4 Classic. The only reason to change was the larger battery life.

I'm in Ireland (if that makes a difference).

Does anyone know why this is happening or have a solution?

156 REPLIES 156
Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

Someone keeps deleting my posts about the contacted I had with Samsung support yesterday

Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

So after Support asked to reset watch yesterday to try a fix ..it didnt fix it.

I went to add my Starling card again to Samsung pay and I've just spent 1hour on the phone with Starling CS  trying to get the watch 5 authenticated again 3rd I ve had to do this on a reset . So I  tried same on my watch 4 classic instantly working and authenticated

Seriously Samsung you have a problem  on this Gray or Grey watch 5 Pro

Wrongun
Pioneer
Options

New Google  Wallet update 2.156.477250616  still cannot add cards on 5 Pro

PMC_Ireland
Journeyman
Options

yes, I got that update last night as well and was hopeful that it would solve this but no luck.  😞

DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

Just got the update, new interface when starting it.
Still wouldn't add a card, but there was a new error message. 

Is this progress? I don't know.

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hi! I just wanted to let everybody know that we've received an update on this today. Samsung have found a software error with some of the Watch5 Pro devices, and there will be a new software update available for you shortly. As soon as this is available, we'd recommend updating your device to the latest software version! 

If your issues continue after this, please feel free to drop some more messages on this thread. Thank you so much for your patience while this was escalated and reviewed! 

PMC_Ireland
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, that is great news. Hope to get this update ASAP.

0 Likes
DOS_
Pathfinder
Options

@ChelseaH wrote:

Hi! I just wanted to let everybody know that we've received an update on this today. Samsung have found a software error with some of the Watch5 Pro devices, and there will be a new software update available for you shortly. As soon as this is available, we'd recommend updating your device to the latest software version! 

If your issues continue after this, please feel free to drop some more messages on this thread. Thank you so much for your patience while this was escalated and reviewed! 

Thanks @ChelseaH ,
I think we found the software error, but you know, we'll let this one go :winking-face:
When you say shortly, do you mean in a few hours, or a few days?
I think everyone on this thread will update immediately.

And we'll let you know if there are any issues after the update.

Thank you.

Members_7YEisGS
Journeyman
Options

We should all be compensated for this farce. I'll definitely not be preordering the s23 ultra or watch 6 next year. Will be switching to some other brand. 

Members_7YEisGS
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20221001-190055_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes