Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch4 not receiving updates since April '23

(Topic created on: 21-08-2023 01:47 PM)
yesbutno3421
Apprentice
Options
My watch4 (SM-R860 model) has not received any updates since April 2023, including the June to August lineup of security updates. Is this something I would need to get fixed or is this something that is intentional by Samsung?

Edit: neglected to mention a few things: phone is an s20 with an update pending. one user mentioned that their watch gets an update after their phone does so I'll update my post after I update my phone. I've checked for the watch updates since c.18th aug and apparently UI watch 5 is fully released by week 35 

Edit 2: Updating my phone did not fix the issue.
5 REPLIES 5
tonyfreitas
Explorer
Options
I have a samsung galaxy gear sport watch and my watch only updates when my samsung galaxy a52 5g gets an update so once your phone gets a update install it then go to the gear app on your phone and check your watch to see if it is upto date in the gear app on your phone the app that you used to set up your watch on
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Same here. But we should get an update soon, now that Watch 6 has been released with the latest One UI Watch 5.

On a side note, recently Galaxy Watch4 Manager received an update.

yesbutno3421
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I saw that and figured it would finally bring me some kind of an update to the actual watch software but instead it just brought a few new watchfaces
yesbutno3421
Apprentice
Options
I've checked for an update and my phone (s20 I probably should have mentioned in the post) has one pending, I'll update the post when I update my phone
Neo001
Legend
Options

Indeed. OS update will bring new features. There is no fixed date yet, but hopefully soon.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-4-5-one-ui-watch-5-global-release-soon/