Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 05-11-2020 11:25 AM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
Karel2020
Apprentice
Options

2nd work out, a run, and not having my mobile with me also worked accordingly.

0 Likes
Members_uiBNubU
Student
Options

I have been experiencing the same problem for about two weeks now. Today my Run at dinner stopped tracking after 1.4 miles and this afternoon my Walk stopped tracking after .99 miles and this has been happening every day for two weeks ! I currently have a watch that I’ve spent best part of £300 on that isn’t fit for purpose. 

I have done this on three occasions now and I’m sure others have as well, how many times will we need to continue reporting before a fix is applied .

I always run without my phone which I leave at home and over the past two weeks tracking stops every time after about 1 to 2 miles on both Run and Walk

Hichamcky
First Poster
Options

I can't believe that people still report the same issue since April 2020 !!!

I really regret trusting Samsung products

Andypd
Apprentice
Options

Will try that today. I have another GPS logging app that when I checked the same setting it had memory turned on but as you say health had it turned off. Surprised it logs anything when off. Oddly I did find with mine that on a long work out like a bike ride I would end up with 5 points logged over 6 hours not a complete stop but as everyone else says. On a 30 min work out it stops at 10 ish mins. I also noticed under apps > system app.. The GPS logger service was turned off

0 Likes
Andypd
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20201024_093553_com.sec.android.app.shealth~2.jpg

 example of what happens on a longer log. It's like the interval is every hour. So I just get these random points on the route. Note. This didn't log any heart rate either. I did record a speed of 313mph due to the time between points at one point which was mildly amusing! 

Andypd
Apprentice
Options

No luck with those settings. Just reset the watch and trying things again. Turned off updates. Didn't work. Tried not ticking the remember consent when I first signed into Samsung health. Didn't work. High acurracy on. Didn't work. Last night I turned on HR continuous and my last two sessions recorded perfectly. So will stick with that for the moment. 

0 Likes
Alicia2017williams
First Poster
Options

I just started having this problem Friday. It starts recording the circuit workout and within less then 10 minutes quits. This is the second issue I've had already with this watch. The first being the battery was draining in less the 6 hours. I called Samsung and they told me to take it to a shop over a hour away from my house to find out they don't work on the watches. Now this!!! All of this and not having the watch 8 months.  So annoying and regretting purchasing this watch. 🤬🤬

0 Likes
Kittiwake
Student
Options
This is happening to me too since last update. it's infuriating as it stops recording exercise for no apparent reason. I have never had a problem before. please fix this samsung.
Andypd
Apprentice
Options

So far so good. HEART RATE set to continuous and it hasn't missed a beat. Tracked a 6 hour ride the other day and it picked up everything without a hitch. 

0 Likes
NaimPutera
First Poster
Options

Had the same issues again and again, even after the latest update on the watch. 

Definitely aggravating when it keeps failing doing the one of the basic features it can do. I was using its own built in samsung health app, and yet it still failed miserably to work as intended.

Snapshot of the random stop shown below: 

Above just happened today during my run, and it definitely stopped my mood for the workout.Above just happened today during my run, and it definitely stopped my mood for the workout.

When my friends ask me if I'd recommend them this watch? I'd say No, and shows them below screenshot:

Seems like this has always been a problem with no fix.Seems like this has always been a problem with no fix.

0 Likes