Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 02:40 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
NeilB23
Explorer
Options
I can confirm I have completed numerous 10ks since the adjustments and like @torquay_mark said if you wait for location and heart rate to stop flashing before pressing 'play' your lockdown walk should track ok 🤞🏻
iBaTom
First Poster
Options

It happened to me for a month now after the update. 

0 Likes
lorirog
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the tips Neil.  I used the settings you recommended and it seems to be working fine.  I've done two six mile race walks.  If I get a call it returns to the watchface, but the timer doesn't stop.  It is still kind of sad the watch doesn't work as touted, though. 

0 Likes
TheWalker
Journeyman
Options

I have found this same issue using Strava and map my run.  It appears to be a global issue with the watch itself and not the apps. 

Sometimes I can go a couple of workouts with no issues another time it crashes several times in a single workout.

I have not seen a resolution in any of the posts so far. Due to the intermittent nature of the problem I see a lot of things that people think resolved it but the issue eventually happens again.

I am not familiar with Samsung support.  Are they monitoring the group? Is therema ticket open somewhere? Is there a phone number or site we can report and get a status?  

I find this very frustrating but I'm even more frustrated by the lack of response to the issue by Samsung.

TheWalker
Journeyman
Options
3 weeks...no resolution..sad
SkipL
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem... which appeared in the last few months after the last update in Dec  2019.  I also find the countdown timer stops on it's own before completing the time set.

Rosco1
First Poster
Options

This is also happening to me and looks like this has been happening for a matter of weeks with no resolution? To say im disheartened is an understatement! Spent a lot of money on this watch and it cant even track a full walk... When will this be fixed? 

DutchPeter
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same. Also happening recently. Never had this issue before
0 Likes
DutchPeter
Apprentice
Options
My latest software update was Jan.2020,
Problems started some days ago. Didn't install anything. If support may wonder...
0 Likes
TheWalker
Journeyman
Options

I believe I have the solution.  I called Samsung Support USA (855)795-0509.  After they walked me through the steps below I have gone for an hour and a half workout twice with no issues.  I have not made it through one workout for weeks.  Because this is an intermittent issue I will update this post if I have any issues.

Please post a reply if you try this and it works or not for you.  Thanks and I hope we have it.

Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch issue
  1. Galaxy Wearable
    1. Run a backup of watch
    2. Went to System...Apps .. Manage App.. Samsung Health.. force stopped
  2. Phone
    1. Went to settings...apps..Samsung Health.. Storage.. Cleared out cache
  3. Galaxy Wearable
    1. Setings...General... Reset
    2. Reset completes.. pair phone and watch
    3. Restore from backup
    4. Update all apps
    5. Power both devices off for at least one minute