Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Encryption critical bug and other issues

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 01:00 PM)
Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

Greetings Everyone,

So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...

1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.

2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?

3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here :smiling-face:

As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉

Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.

Cheers!

E.

54 REPLIES 54
GeorgiTheGreat
Journeyman
Options

Just upgraded my watch to new firmware, encrypted it and HALLLELLLUJJJAH, it works. 🙌👍

Finally it meets my employer security requirements and I can be bothered by company emails 24/7 directly on my wrist 😅.

AntS
Options

Finally it meets my employer security requirements and I can be bothered by company emails 24/7 directly on my wrist 😅.

"We apologise for the inconvenience... :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Glad to know that it's now working for you, @GeorgiTheGreat ! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
DuMees
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it finally works.

Other things that are simply missing are:

- Good Google maps integration (not those standalone apps)

- NFC payment feature (I don't mind Samsung pay but would love Google Pay)

- Google Assistant integration (Not that hack that does not link correctly to your Google Account)

- Samsung Smart Hub integration (Come on guys, this is in your own eco system. The one with the standalone app does not valid it for me via the weird website activation) 

- Chromecast support (when something is casting in your network, controls around what is being casted, not just if it plays on your mobile but true cast support)

- Good pilot app with navigation (Garmin Pilot or something, okay maybe this one is not so important)

Mike1028
First Poster
Options

Yeah!!! Finally it works...

After update the encryption is done I can recieve the mail notification in my watch.✌✌

BKW
First Poster
Options

Same here. Just found out about this issue after I did the encryption. Call centre cannot help and was told to bring to service center to reset. I was told by call center service agent she is not aware of this issue!! 

0 Likes