Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch 4 taking calls in Bluetooth headset not working

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 02:41 PM)
sparkyram
Apprentice
Options

Hi.. when ever I take any calls on phone I can see an option to transfer the phone to my galaxy watch 4 and I am able to take calls in watch loudspeaker.even though watch is connected to galaxy buds pro the calls always works in loudspeaker...i have enabled both calls and audio output to my headset in the watch settings..tried with bose 700 headphones and it's the same issue.. any solutions?

Go to solution
83 REPLIES 83
Newbc
First Poster
Options

Same here. When I answer call on my watch I can't hear through my earbuds. Wth man!!!

Momonoske
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. what do you mean by " I then connected to my Bluetooth earbuds and made a call?" after you disconnected it from both the phone and the watch.  Where did you connect the ear phones to?

Also I  have the LTE but i am not using the service currently

xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

Samsung has not fixed the overheating LTE call or Bluetooth headset connection issues and have been little to no help.

We have ditched our two Samsung S20 Ultra phones, Samsung Watch 4 LTE, and both S7 512GB tablets and replaced them with Apple phones, and Watch 7 devices, and iPad minis.  Everything is working great now.  Problem solved!

Answering your question I apologize but I honestly cannot remember at this point...  The LTE watch overheated on a LTE phone call in about 1 minute or so and I could not get the earbuds to work the way they are supposed to.

0 Likes
Momonoske
Apprentice
Options

i am this close of doing the same. I never thought I would say this in my lifetime but I am going to apple as well. I  have the s8 ultra , s22 ultra buds pro  and the watch 4 classics. i got bugs with all of them and their customer service is really trash from my multiple experience . next switch for me will probably be to apple 

fceplnt
First Poster
Options

THIS! Thanks! I haven't tested it yet, but I'm assuming you are tethered to your phone for phone calls. I can Wi-Fi attach my watch to my phone for music beyond Bluetooth. Clever, very clever.

S20 and S4 BT watch

0 Likes
uvdelhi
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my watch too.. Its a Bluetooth version. 

0 Likes
ET-GALAXY-HOME
First Poster
Options

Whilst this is a workaround (haven't tried it yet, I too have the same issue and have an LTE watch), a fix is still required by Samsung.  This is a basic user story, I can't believe it wasn't tested for.  Essentially, for an LTE watch, you CAN'T use it as a bluetooth connected deviced (i.e. non-LTE) to make / receive calls - a key feature.  FAIL.   When will this be fixed Samsung?

0 Likes
Rutjan666
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I just purchased the Galaxy Watch5 Pro LTE version and I was also scratching my head over this issue.

I haven't tested LTE calls because I don't have the option yet with my carrier.

But as for the Bluetooth version, I just figured why it doesn't work and actually this all makes perfect sense.

Plain answer: "You just can't passthrough audio from one Bluetooth device to another."

As a matter of fact when the watch is connected via Bluetooth to your phone, the watch actually behaves like a handsfree Bluetooth handsfree kit, hence the fact you hear the sound through the speaker of the watch.

For what we want to achieve to be possible, the audio from the call would have to be streamed via Bluetooth from the phone to the watch, THEN from the watch to the buds.

I guess that's just not possible with the current Bluetooth technology.

Just like the fact you can't have two devices connected at the same time to one Bluetooth audio device: for instance, you can't stream music from your phone and hope to be able to hear exercise audio guide from the watch at the same time.

It's sad but that's the way it is: unless you have a fully autonomous LTE version, you'll have to choose between pairing the buds to your phone or your watch.

It's just too bad the documentation isn't specific enough about this restriction between the LTE and non-LTE version:

Rutjan666_0-1662037599801.png

Options

Not solved when you switch back to phone it should automatically go to the Bluetooth headphones 

Options

Looks like they fixed it 

0 Likes