Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some things that miss from active 2 on the Watch 4

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 02:14 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options

These are a few things I miss on the Watch 4 after switching from the Active 2.

Hide stock watchfaces I don't want to see or use.
Cover watchface with palm to sleep screen.
Wake-up of screen when alarm sounds so can easily cancel (not sure if this is due to having dial turn on screen}
Double press of bottom button to assign to an activity.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: When moving to a new device there are always going to be some growing pains, but I'm sure you'll get to grips with things in no time. Regarding the double pressing of the bottom/Home key to assign an activity, head to Settings > Advanced Features > Customize Keys to explore your options. As far as I'm aware, it should still be possible to cover the watch face with your palm to turn off the screen, therefore you might want to check Settings > Display > Always On Display, and disable this feature if applicable. If the screen isn't turning on when your alarm goes off, then check the Quick Panel and disable Theatre Mode, as this stops the screen from turning on for notifications and alarms, so is worth exploring as a potential source of the issue. Let me know how you get on. 

walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Yeh, always get used to different features.

You set double press for bottom key, you have back and recent apps.

Double press off the top button doesn't give activities as an option like on GWA2

Always on Display is disabled and so are all other screen features.
I have a DND on between 11pm and 5am, but alarm goes off at 5:30am and I have to turn dial for it to turn on.

The other issue is that Blood Oxygen does not work for UK users 😞 and no option for continuous tracking during sleep
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: Regarding the Blood Oxygen tracker, head to the Samsung Health app on the watch > Settings > Measurements > Blood Oxygen During Sleep, and set this to 'Continuous'. 

0 Likes
TIMZY92
First Poster
Options

Using your palm to turn screen off still works for me on my galaxy watch 4 even though it wasn't in the set up demo. You may need to check some setting but it is possible.

0 Likes
TIMZY92
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the tip, I've had my watch 4 for almost a week now and I was wondering why it wasn't working

0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Palm on screen to turn off / dim display working for me on watch4 Classic
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Ok, me stupid, got the screen off working, not covering the face properly.
Still issue with alarms and wonder if it due to having dial to turn on watch
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@walkerx wrote:

The other issue is that Blood Oxygen does not work for UK users 😞 and no option for continuous tracking during sleep

Definitely one that's wanted. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: Should hopefully be sorted in the BUH9 update for the Watch though: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/blood-oxygen-sleep-monitoring/m-p/3883100/highlight/tr... 

0 Likes