Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Cellular not working if Bluetooth in on

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 12:08 PM)
HavenC
Pioneer
Options
The Galaxy Watch Pro Cellular doesn't work if I leave Bluetooth switched on on my phone. I can't reply to messages using cellular without turning Bluetooth off on one of the devices. That's not what I paid extra for cellular for
6 REPLIES 6
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I suspect it sends the msg using Bluetooth to save the end user battery as it uses the most energy to use just cellular and I believe cellular only kicks in if your watch is not connected to your phone via Bluetooth or WiFi, try leaving your phone at home and go out so you have no connection with your phone (leave Bluetooth on) and cellular should kick in automatically and when back within range of your phone it should switch off and reconnect automatically via Bluetooth.
0 Likes
HavenC
Pioneer
Options
There really should be a different notification for the cellular version to connect your phone using Bluetooth or Cellular, when replying to notifications
0 Likes
HavenC
Pioneer
Options
I usually have cellular switched on regardless, so I'd expect switching Bluetooth on and off when needed saves more energy
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Cellular is actually switched off when you are in Bluetooth range. I know you have it switched on but it will automatically connect to Cellular once Bluetooth is not in range. It won't use your Cellular while within Bluetooth range, if it didn't your watch would run out of battery much quicker.
0 Likes
HavenC
Pioneer
Options
When you're paying so much extra, it feels like the cellular is an afterthought in the software
0 Likes
HavenC
Pioneer
Options
For a professional model device I still expect it to prioritize reliability.
0 Likes