Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 manager crashing

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 12:24 PM)
5H4H33R
Explorer
Options
My galaxy wearable app is frozen on a blank page and I keep getting a popup saying galaxy watch 4 manager has stopped. The update yesterday did not help, does anyone know how to fix this? It's driving me crazy!
52 REPLIES 52
5H4H33R
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the suggestion though
bound4doom
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I have auto update enabled. It was the update yesterday that killed everything.  Hence why wear wouldn't open up automatically. 

For the app being blank first hit the 3 lines on buttom left and close all applications. Then restart your phone. See if you can open it then

KevP79
Voyager
Options
I've just opened mine (for the first time in about 1month).
It oddly asked me for permissions to scan nearby devices, I allowed this and it opened fine, I updated it to to the latest version (from within the app 103mb) and it's still opened fine and is working as normal (at least for now)

I would suggest maybe going into app permissions and making sure nearby device communication is enabled/allowed.

It's odd as I have the app setup to not remove permissions, so I'm guessing this was a new edition.

Just a suggestion, I hope you all get it sorted out.

Settings > apps > galaxy wearable > permissions > nearby devices

S21fe / galaxy watch 4 classicScreenshot_20220709-175749_Permission controller.jpg
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Your welcome & that's strange everything is OK with mine.
Photocrazy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I dug into the wear app from settings/apps and clicked open, which then brought up there was an update.  It installed,  even though a pop up said it failed, and the pop ups stopped.  Seem to be working fine now.

Photocrazy
Apprentice
Options

Try going into settings-apps-galaxy wearable, then click open at the bottom.  That is how I got the update to show up.  After the update it seems fine.

JayHou
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220709-223359_Samsung Members.jpg

 i don't know if this will help anyone out, but this fixed the issue for me. I'm actually using the beta app for the watch. I was also unable to open the Wear app. I just got a black screen, but this is how I fixed it. I opened the  Samsung Members app and went into Notices ( the 🔔 on top) under the original notice for the beta test, I scrolled down to the beta plugin and clicked it. It said that the beta plugin had an update. After that update, I was able to open the Wear app. 

Hope that helps someone 

JayHou
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220709-223253_Galaxy Store.jpg

 this is the beta plugin 

Members_96sSwKd
Student
Options

I have updated the app by opening the app two hours ago. No crash since then. 

Dauphne
First Poster
Options

I had this problem yesterday too, but the error seems to be resolved. This is what I did:

First, I updated the Galaxy Wearable software -- a pop-up stated "update failed" but it seems to have actually updated. 

Then, I tried to check for updates to the watch, but kept getting the message that I needed to connect to my phone via Bluetooth, even though it was already connected. 

So, I powered off the watch, waited 30 seconds or so, and powered it back on. Now everything is working properly (so far).