Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 calories not counting correctly

(Topic created on: 26/01/21 22:03)
thdolphin
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I have received the new Samsung  Galaxy watch 3. But I have one issue with it. I work out every morning.  According to my watch i only burnt 281 Calories for a 60 minute work according to my Peloton bike I burnt 527 calories that is a big difference.  With the Samsung Galaxy watch 2 their was a difference as well. So I upgraded to the 3 thinking it would fix my problem.  But now I am just irritated that i have spent this much on not just one watch but 2, now and still not counting correctly.  If I spent this much money on a watch, you would want it to work correctly.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Tiag0
Back for More
Options
Wearables
I find it more spot in then my Fitbit when I wear them both. as a fitness instructor I've found after testing Samsung watch is better
0 Likes
Daide
First Poster
Options
Wearables

It's because they don't track calorie burn using heart rate, they do it with some algorithm. You can get closer to the Peloton if you set the Activity Intensity to "Vigorous". I asked Samsung about this and they told me there will be an update out in Feb that will allow us to work out calorie burn using HR so hopefully this will get better soon.

Boham
Explorer
Options
Wearables

This is the only thing stopping me from sticking with a galaxy watch.

Returned because they don’t take HR into consideration, was it just run of the mill support or someone higher up as not sure how much I’d trust it from live chat

Daide
First Poster
Options
Wearables
Just on the web chat. Could be made up for sure, we will find out next month! I was specific with the question though so hopefully it is correct.
Boham
Explorer
Options
Wearables
well fingers crossed :smiling-face:
might come with the ECG/Blood pressure update in feb
thdolphin
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I hope so. 

0 Likes
thdolphin
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I hope so too

Thank you

0 Likes
Boham
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Well the update is available today :smiling-face:
Let's see if it fixes anything

0 Likes
thdolphin
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I hope it dose. Because I am not fan of apple. I am waiting on the update. So we will see. Thank you again. 

0 Likes
Daide
First Poster
Options
Wearables
Installed mine today, will give it a go on Friday
wes_harley02
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Like you guys, I hope the next update fixes this but I shouldn't get my hopes up.  It's really stupid that I can choose circuit workout and get the same calorie count if i sit on my butt for 30 min vs HIIT for 30 min.   I've had to start using my Apple watch again during workouts and then switch back to my Galaxy afterwards. 

BTW, I contact chat support and I might as well have been asking my dog next to me.  Sorry to say.

thdolphin
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I hope it fixes it too.  Like yesterday I did a 30 minute boot camp ride on the Pleton then 20 minute strength class then 10 minute cor. I only burnt 190 calories according to my Samsung watch.  So here goes nothing. We will see if this update fixes the problem. 

0 Likes
wes_harley02
First Poster
Options
Wearables

That's funny because 190 calories is what I see for 30 min after every HIIT workout I do.

0 Likes