Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 calories not counting correctly

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 10:49 AM)
thdolphin
Journeyman
Options

I have received the new Samsung  Galaxy watch 3. But I have one issue with it. I work out every morning.  According to my watch i only burnt 281 Calories for a 60 minute work according to my Peloton bike I burnt 527 calories that is a big difference.  With the Samsung Galaxy watch 2 their was a difference as well. So I upgraded to the 3 thinking it would fix my problem.  But now I am just irritated that i have spent this much on not just one watch but 2, now and still not counting correctly.  If I spent this much money on a watch, you would want it to work correctly.  Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
Tiag0
Explorer
Options
I find it more spot in then my Fitbit when I wear them both. as a fitness instructor I've found after testing Samsung watch is better
0 Likes
Daide
Explorer
Options

It's because they don't track calorie burn using heart rate, they do it with some algorithm. You can get closer to the Peloton if you set the Activity Intensity to "Vigorous". I asked Samsung about this and they told me there will be an update out in Feb that will allow us to work out calorie burn using HR so hopefully this will get better soon.

Boham
Explorer
Options

This is the only thing stopping me from sticking with a galaxy watch.

Returned because they don’t take HR into consideration, was it just run of the mill support or someone higher up as not sure how much I’d trust it from live chat

Daide
Explorer
Options
Just on the web chat. Could be made up for sure, we will find out next month! I was specific with the question though so hopefully it is correct.
Boham
Explorer
Options
well fingers crossed :smiling-face:
might come with the ECG/Blood pressure update in feb
thdolphin
Journeyman
Options

I hope so. 

0 Likes
thdolphin
Journeyman
Options

I hope so too

Thank you

0 Likes
Boham
Explorer
Options

Well the update is available today :smiling-face:
Let's see if it fixes anything

0 Likes
thdolphin
Journeyman
Options

I hope it dose. Because I am not fan of apple. I am waiting on the update. So we will see. Thank you again. 

0 Likes