Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro cleaning advice and my OCD!

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 11:07 AM)
AlanN1
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

So basically I bought myself some Galaxy Buds Pro last week, my first ever pair of wireless headphones.

I tried them for the first time on Saturday on a walk to meet a friend in the city, and they seemed to fit fine and stay in fine, which I was pleasantly surprised about. Plus the sound quality was excellent, especially the ambient sound feature.

Then just as I was about to cross a road, the left bud popped out - bounced a lot, and ended up in the middle of the busy road. I had to stop cars to go pick it up!

Here's the problem, I suffer with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) with regards to things like contamination (for example - I wash my hands a lot) and now I feel like I don't want to use it again as it landed on a dirty road, but is there any way to give it a good clean? What would be a recommended method to clean them? I'm not even sure if it still works as I haven't put it back in my ear to check, but I'm sure it should be ok, it didn't get run over.

I know to some people, they'd pick it up and pop it back in their ear without thinking, but unfortunately I don't have that same mindset. It was sods law that it fell out just literally before I was about to put them away anyway!

Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Like you I have a thing about needing to clean things.
I did a post about a cleaning solution I like to use, as it gets rid of fingerprints etc really nicely
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/accessories/love-this-phone-cleaning-kit/td-p/4121259

But any non alcoholic cleaning solution would give them a decent clean. I like lens cleaners as they get rid of greases and dirt. Just spray on a microfiber cloth and wipe over.
AndrewL
Options

@AlanN1: Why not take a look at the link below from our friends at Samsung US, for further tips on how to properly clean your Galaxy Buds Pro. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086123/

For external cleaning, we recommend using clean water for the eartips, and a soft, dry cloth for the Buds themselves. 

Dandy__
Pathfinder
Options
I'd suggest you to use some Isopropyl alcohol on them
AlanN1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, do you know if you can get isopropyl alcohol wipes?

0 Likes
AlanN1
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice, @Glenntech and the link to the cleaning solution you have used. Do you know if any of these cleaning solutions are anti-bacterial? It's just that with my OCD about contamination etc, I'd feel a lot better cleaning it with something anti-bac based. The way my mind works I feel like if I don't clean it, I'll probably get an ear infection or something. I know that's irrational to most people, but such are the effects of OCD.

0 Likes