Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active2 Watch - Screen Black

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
thegirlyonfire
First Poster
Options

Hi All! I have an old Active 2 watch that has been doing really well several years into daily use. The screen is fully intact and metal back and straps are in good condition with regular cleaning. A couple days ago after charging, I took it off the dock to wear, only to find that the screen was black. Interestingly, it is definitely charged because the screen WILL TURN ON when it's on the charger. It first shows the little lightning bolt symbol, and then, it switches to the percentage of current charge. So the watch is clearly alive and the screen works. It just doesn't want to "wake up".

I've already tried a soft and hard reset with the buttons. Literally nothing happens. Obviously though, I am willing to try other variations of reset or adjust settings in the Wearable app. Does anyone have any advice? My research has proved unsuccessful because every other thread (on Samsung Community and otherwise) is focused on a dead battery or a dead screen.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AtshaamY
Options

I'm sorry to hear about your watch, @thegirlyonfireIt would be best to get this inspected at our Service Centre. To arrange a repair, go into the Samsung Members app > Support (bottom right) > Swipe up and tap on Request service or tap on 'Find a service centre' to arrange a repair with your nearest Samsung Service Centre. There are other repair options such as; Pickup repair (via courier collection) or Doorstep repair (this option is available for mobile phones and tablets and only available in some areas).

0 Likes