Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy buds 2 pro stop playing music when I send a whatsapp

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 06:05 PM)
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips I could try.

I have just bought the galaxy buds 2 pro and own the s23 ultra. When I am listening to apple music, every time I send a whatsapp, the music stops for a second and then plays again. 

This isn't a huge issue, but does get very frustrating. I had the airpods pro 2 before these and had no issues, but obviously want to have everything Samsung, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have reset the buds and did all tips around unrestricted background app running etc and everything to do with data saver and battery already.

Please help .....

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulM1
Options

That's unusual, @Spills1984, and I have not been able to recreate this either. Is your WhatsApp set up to play a notification sound when you send a message?

From what I understand, you would just need to open WhatsApp. Tap More options > Settings > Notifications > Turn Conversation tones off.

It is strange that it's not happening when using other earbuds. Nevertheless, please let us know how you get on.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
I believe this is a issue with WhatsApp and the way it handles notification sounds, I think a temporary workaround would be to try this:-

Settings
Apps
WhatsApp
Notfications
Notfication Categories
Message Notfications
Change Sound to Silent

If this fixes the issue, then it is unfortunately just a issue WhatsApp has to solve with a update I believe, hope this helps!
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
I will give it a try, however this didn't happen when I was using my airpods pro 2 with my s23 ultra, just since I have been using the buds 2 pro
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
And it's when I send a whatsapp, not when I receive one, which is also strange
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Hmm, I just tested with my Buds 2 Pro, I also use S23 Ultra and it doesn't happen on Spotify or YouTube, I don't have Apple Music to test that
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
When you put your phone on silent or do not disturb, does it still happen?
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Yea still happens, only in WhatsApp with apple music. I tried your tips but still stops the music for a second when it sends the WhatsApp
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
I'm out of ideas then unfortunately short of fully disabling WhatsApp notfications, sorry bud
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for trying
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
I have just tried it on Spotify and when I press the send button the music stops for 1 second and then palys again, there must be a setting somewhere that is making this happen if it's not doing it to you
0 Likes