Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy buds 2 pro stop playing music when I send a whatsapp

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 06:57 PM)
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just wondered if anyone had any advice or tips I could try.

I have just bought the galaxy buds 2 pro and own the s23 ultra. When I am listening to apple music, every time I send a whatsapp, the music stops for a second and then plays again. 

This isn't a huge issue, but does get very frustrating. I had the airpods pro 2 before these and had no issues, but obviously want to have everything Samsung, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have reset the buds and did all tips around unrestricted background app running etc and everything to do with data saver and battery already.

Please help .....

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
I believe this is a issue with WhatsApp and the way it handles notification sounds, I think a temporary workaround would be to try this:-

Settings
Apps
WhatsApp
Notfications
Notfication Categories
Message Notfications
Change Sound to Silent

If this fixes the issue, then it is unfortunately just a issue WhatsApp has to solve with a update I believe, hope this helps!
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
I will give it a try, however this didn't happen when I was using my airpods pro 2 with my s23 ultra, just since I have been using the buds 2 pro
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
And it's when I send a whatsapp, not when I receive one, which is also strange
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Hmm, I just tested with my Buds 2 Pro, I also use S23 Ultra and it doesn't happen on Spotify or YouTube, I don't have Apple Music to test that
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
When you put your phone on silent or do not disturb, does it still happen?
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Yea still happens, only in WhatsApp with apple music. I tried your tips but still stops the music for a second when it sends the WhatsApp
0 Likes
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
I'm out of ideas then unfortunately short of fully disabling WhatsApp notfications, sorry bud
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for trying
0 Likes
Spills1984
Journeyman
Options
I have just tried it on Spotify and when I press the send button the music stops for 1 second and then palys again, there must be a setting somewhere that is making this happen if it's not doing it to you
0 Likes