Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Forget the Wearable App - My pillow can change the watch faces

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 03:05 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I have a habit of putting my left arm under my head when I am lying down on the bed, and on multiple times I noted, when the watch ( 5 pro) even slightly pressing against the pillow, either it goes to faces customization mode or just now it completely selected a different watch face πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...

Wow 5 Pro, you can download my pillow πŸ™†πŸΏπŸ™†πŸΏπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The best for going to bed is to activate the 'bedtime' and 'do not disturb' modes in the quick panel.

It helps so the watch does not light up every time one moves the arm and ungodly hours notifications.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Buddy this is High day time, I was talking to one of my buddies whilst resting on the bed and as a habit my L hand goes under my head at times

My understanding, the watch shouldn't react unless it's been touched by a human finger, or something to that effect, definitely it shouldn't react to a pillow πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Ah! In that case you deserve it for having the time to rest on the bed at this time. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

In a more serious note, I did test on mine, I rubbed it with a pillow and it does not react at all. Could it be that you are touching with some part of the your body? Saying that, if I tried to get into the apps by using my hand or arm, the watch does not react either. It worked with my elbow.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
You are cool, thanks for the experiment friend
I just now replicated it (again)

So the way I put my hand under the head, in the process, the face of the watch gets pressed against the pillow, nooo movement at all, I think kind of pressure against the pillow (I wouldn't say very heavy pressure, but reasonable pressure) at that point Customization gets activitie

Previously it completely selected a new watch face, this time it only gave the option to customise

Mmm
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@IndiW: It may be the case that you're pressing and holding the Home or Back button when you rest your arm under your head/pillow, and this is what's causing the issue. With this in mind, please try heading to Settings > Advanced features > Customise keys, and explore your current settings to see if it's set up to launch Watch Faces when you press and hold or double tap the Home or Back button. 

You may also wish to add a lock screen option to prevent accidental interactions with the screen and buttons. To do this, head to Settings > Security > Lock type. Let me know how you get on. 

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks so much Andrew for your support and advice

1, No I have not setup a hot key, other than double press for Samsung pay

2, I will consider lock screen option, but I don't want to regularly input a pin or pattern

3, I think I will change my poor habit

And just to share with you, two or 3 days ago when I got up, my watch was doing a treadmill running πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.. By that time it was on the 3rd hour of running, on that day my sleep was only 2 hours though I slept 5 hrs plus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thanks again

Lol πŸ˜‚ my watch is haunted πŸ‘»πŸ‘»..
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Another quick update, just now I very gently let a Banana 🍌 touch the face of the watch and it went to faces customization mode πŸ˜‚
0 Likes
alexmidd
Pioneer
Options

This happens to me if I am just sitting with my arm resting on my leg and the watch face is activated by my leg through the trousers (pants for the Americans). This never happened with the Fitbit so the touch screen on the GW4 must be very sensitive.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Cool, I let a Banana touched the face of the watch and display went to customise watch face mode πŸŒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
0 Likes