Did you mean: 

Earbuds lost/stolen

(Topic created on: 02-05-2023 06:25 PM)
YasIT
Journeyman
Options
Earbuds LOST/STOLEN! PLEASE HELP.

In need of help please, people.

I recently got my Galaxy Buds Pro2 and I dropped them, I think somebody picked them up (near home). I didn't sync with the Find My Earbuds (didn't know such a thing occurred!) The earbuds are saved on my Bluetooth and d/c, is there anyway I can locate the earbuds.

Anyone know any information..

PLEASE HELP!
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
No. Bluetooth is not a secure channel of communication in its nature. Although you can report them stolen as the box has the serial numbers on them I think.
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Even if it was synced with Find my earbuds you wouldn't be able to find it, for some reason you can only locate your buds IF it's connected with your phone by Bluetooth but if its disconnected from phone Bluetooth then you won't find it even its inside your house

The apple buds you can find it even if it's not connected to your phone
YasIT
Journeyman
Options
Nothing appears on Find My Device unfortunately. Thanks for the help 👍🏽
0 Likes
YasIT
Journeyman
Options
I noticed that is the case with earbuds. It locates them only if it's connected to the Bluetooth. Thanks for the help 👍🏽
0 Likes
YasIT
Journeyman
Options
That's the only option, oh well. Seems like somebody found themselves some free new earbuds #dishonesthumans. Thanks for the help anyway 👍🏽
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Which is very useless if you can only locate it when it's connected to your device
Who would lose their buds when it's connected to their device (within couple of meters range)
YasIT
Journeyman
Options
That's exactly what I thought. However when I did it with my phone it would locate my phone anywhere regardless of where I was. I didn't add the buds to find my device so I don't know to what extent, I think it might have actually located them but we'll never know.
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
I have my buds added to Locate my buds , but I had that experience where i miss places my buds it had 100% battery but i could never locate it as it was not connected to the Bluetooth
But when i found it and connected it to the Bluetooth i could locate it as long as it is connected to my phone
0 Likes