Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Earbuds

(Topic created on: 19-08-2023 03:39 PM)
Andrew23000
Apprentice
Options
I've been unable to locate my earbuds for about 4weeks now, initially it was showing up in my find my devices though it always seemed to be where I was, which wasn't the case. I'm now getting the message not registered to my Samsung account, which makes me think they've been found by someone else and registered to their account. I have the serial numbers though so can they still be traced and I can somehow get them back? Any help very gratefully received.
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think they can remove it from your account, so if someone charges it up you should find it on your "Find my device"

I could be wrong maybe someone who knows better can jump in
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Good question, I assumed Samsung Buds have a reactivation lock, be a shame if not, when I click Find in the app it just opens Smartthings and locates, I see no lock, erase function ???

Interestingly when I swapped my sons iPhone and Airpods, I forgot to unpaired the Airpods, what a nightmare as I gave them to my brother who could not use them, until I logged into an iPhone and deleted or unregistered the Airpods, same with the Airtags.

Anyway to me that was a bulletproof way of ensuring no one else can reuse say lost tags, earbuds...

More bonkers Samsung logic when I lost my case, I discovered only the Buds can be tracked not the case ??????
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
Andrew23000
Apprentice
Options
Been on a chat thing and they won't even confirm if they've been re-registered.
Andrew23000
Apprentice
Options
I've given them the serial numbers. At least if I know they've been re-registered I can stop looking my end.
Andrew23000
Apprentice
Options
They say I can't re-register myself without having them present
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you can with buds 2 pro now
0 Likes