Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fit 2 does not count steps properly on treadmill

(Topic created on: 02-05-2023 09:31 AM)
drt1710
Apprentice
Options

Just as the title says, I have a new Galaxy Fit 2, it manages to count steps everywhere fine, but not when on the treadmill.  

I know this as the treadmill is counting the steps, and the Fit 2 is thousands behind.

The Fit 2 is under 1 month old, I've only had it 1 week though.

I've factory reset it to no avail.

Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
drt1710
Apprentice
Options

Hi, and thanks for replying.

It's really not that fast at all.  I start at a slow walk, building up to a medium walk, about the same speed as I walk when walking the dog, which the Fit 2 picks up.

For reference, the Fitbit managed to pick up all my steps on the treadmill and when out and about.  I just fancied a change when the fitbit died!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@drt1710: When you use the treadmill, are your arms swinging by your side naturally while you walk, or are you holding on to something for support? If it's the latter then, if possible, try walking with your arms swinging by your side to see if you notice an improvement.

Vibrations can also affect the accuracy of the step counter, so this may account for the tracker not picking up all of your steps, as the treadmill is likely to vibrate while in operation. 

drt1710
Apprentice
Options

Hi, and thanks for replying.

It's a very natural walk, the same as if walking outside, not holding on to anything.

0 Likes