Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot update Watch Classic 4 - "Couldn't copy update Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again." error message

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 11:01 PM)
churchym
Journeyman
Options

Whenever I try to update my new Classic 4, I get an error saying 

I have tried to install and managed to download the update via the phone and also the watch, both ways say:

"Copying update to your watch..."

But after a few minutes I get a message saying:

"Couldn't copy update

Connect your watch to a wi-fi network, then try again."

My wifi is connected to the same network on the mobile and also the watch.

I have reset my watch a few times, I have also uninstalled all Samsung Wearable and Health apps and re-installed and for the last few days I have been trying to get this working and it has always failed.

Anyone else having this issue or got over this problem?

40 REPLIES 40
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
I had similar issues with mine. Rebooting both phone and watch, and updating updating from Samsung Wear (instead of on the watch) solved it
churchym
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply.

I've already tried that numerous times.

MLXLT
Journeyman
Options

Having same problem with Watch4. Have reset everything multiple times, sometimes separately and sometimes together. Samsung phone, SE20, and Watch4 are paired on Bluetooth and on the same WiFi network. We aren't the only ones with this problem.

MLXLT
Journeyman
Options
I've just discovered that the Samsung Watch4 is NOT Wear OS compatible. 
Samsung made Watch4 so it won't link with the Wear OS app. Linking with the Wear OS app is needed to make many of the Google Play Wear OS watch apps including watch faces and other apps work correctly. I can't understand why they would go with Wear OS, which makes all of the apps on the Google Play available, but won't allow it to link to Wear OS. The apps won't work to their full ability on the Watch4 without the link to Wear OS app. That means the watch can't work to it's full ability.
0 Likes
Smoldat
Apprentice
Options

I have this exact same issue. The watch update keeps failing..

Solution
churchym
Journeyman
Options

I have managed to resolve my issue now.  After days of re-trying it eventually just started working.  So presumably Samsung have made a change.  Incidentally I updated form the watch not the phone.

Smoldat
Apprentice
Options

Nice. Updating from the watch did work. Seems like downloading directly to the watch skips the entire copy from phone part that was giving me problems. 

supamario1
First Poster
Options

Glad I found this link.  Tried a recent 480MB software update (Galaxy Watch 4) via Galaxy Wearable app on Galaxy S21 Ultra, which failed to copy to watch - with the error message above.

Updated via watch and it worked - slowly - but it worked.

Samsung, please fix your software.

Members_DP1meoD
First Poster
Options

The first update caused my watch to overheat and empty the battery. Fortunately the empty battery rebooted the watch and all returned to normal.

Dec 2021: New update (?) My watch finds the required update, starts downloading the update,

Downloading update for a couple of minutes with a timer counting down.
Then "Copying update" ... with rotating circle

Then just "Copying update" for a few minutes
Then: "Couldn't copy update
Connect your watch to a WiFi network, then try again"
Really SAMSUNG ?? Hardly better than Fitbit and their experimental software.