Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery issues

(Topic created on: 23-07-2023 04:49 PM)
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
I have watch4 which used to comfortably last over 24 hours, but it seems since the Samsung Health app was updated a couple of days ago, it has lost nearly half its charge overnight. From 48% to 4%.
Anybody else noticed a problem?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@HowfenLad: I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered battery issues with your Galaxy Watch4. To gain a better understanding of what might be causing the device to drain so quickly, please charge the Watch to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > Watch settings > Battery, and take a look at the summary of your usage. Does anything stand out as using a higher then expected amount of battery? 

In the meantime, please refer to the steps below in an effort to improve your overall battery life.

- Make sure the device is on the latest software via Settings > Software Update, or on the Galaxy Wearables app via Watch Settings > Watch Software Update
- Disable Watch Always On, if applicable, via Settings > Display > Watch Always On.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use
- Disable unused health features, such as the Heart Rate Tracker, by heading to Samsung Health > Settings > Measurement > Manual Only

0 Likes
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
I will use your advice, thank you.
0 Likes
LouandMuy
Apprentice
Options
I've got the same watch but I don't have any problems, it might just be faulty, gi and get checked out anyway x

0 Likes
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
My software is up to date (auto update) and nothing stands out in the usage. I just wondered if the changes to the Health software had had an effect. Have installed the diagnostic software and all appears to be well, including the battery, but battery life is certainly shorter than it was, less than 24 hours.
0 Likes
Tony1108
Journeyman
Options
Why am I struggling to get half a day out of my galaxy watch 4 after the last update I've tried everything including a total reset and cache wipe I'm so fed up with every time a new device is released the old devices get an update that wrecks them. I was getting 2 days from my watch right up to the last update now I'm getting half a day !!! Any advice on how to sort this as we can't do a rollback ?
0 Likes
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
My battery life seems to have recovered but the update to the health app is useless on the sleep function, it bears no relationship to reality.
0 Likes