Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 07:34 AM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

Go to solution
214 REPLIES 214
oodroidoo
Apprentice
Options

Just double checked with device care and checked the hdmi port no issue it says

0 Likes
Mikeru
Explorer
Options

I bought Series X and 2020 q70t tv and l have these dark bars moving up too when VRR end enabled on consoles, no matter what resolution I set. Today I ordered “better” hdmi cable and going to check if something going to change. I really hope it does... 

0 Likes
Mikeru
Explorer
Options

Set console to Auto not HDMI 

0 Likes
Mikeru
Explorer
Options

Same onq70t

0 Likes
oodroidoo
Apprentice
Options

So just to confirm 100% that yeah I do have a issue used your settings even with vrr on or off a get a random off and back on screen going to be so hard to show samsung they want to access my tv again I hope it does it tested with two games battlefront 2 and vanhalla it did it on both within 15 min of gameplay

0 Likes
CAB_Life
Apprentice
Options

1403 does not fix the black crushing with VRR enabled whatsoever. 

MuRFi3
Explorer
Options

What i

@CAB_Life wrote:

1403 does not fix the black crushing with VRR enabled whatsoever. 

What is Black Crushing? Do you have a video? because many of us don't have this issue. 

0 Likes
Mikeru
Explorer
Options

I have horizontal scan lines on Q77T when VRR enabled on Xbox Series X

0 Likes
Ni0effect
First Poster
Options

I can also confirm that I had the same issue with my Xbox Series X being plugged into a Samsung Q70T (2020) model with Hdmi 2.1 and it had the same MASSIVE tearing and flashing problem but going to the setings-Support- software update, and updating from the firmware version 1401 the tv was shipped with to 1403, everything works fine. 4k@120 on Master Cheif Collection, Ori etc., all works great...

portuguese83
Explorer
Options

just got off the phone with technician thats coming to my house, he has already ordered parts without even seeing the tv 65"q90t.. im experencing bad purple ghosting

0 Likes