Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do samsung TVs not accept casting and mirroring natively?

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 11:47 AM)
perfection161
Apprentice
Options

Why does Samsung need me to install smartview to communicate wirelessly with the smart Tv from my android smartphone and windows 10 latop.

Is it becaue the hardware is on a differet wireless protocol from androids chromecast and windows miracast or is it something else altogether?

Just curious, nothing else

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@perfection161: Smart View is just a quick and easy way to establish a connection between your phone and Smart TV, but there are other ways to connect as well. For more information on screen mirroring to Samsung Smart TVs, please check the following link.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...
perfection161
Apprentice
Options

Thank you AndrewL

I read thru the article you pointed me to

My TV is a Smart Smsung TV  - it has WiFi Direct but no option of screen mirroring

My mobile phone is a Motrola G%s running Android Oreo - it has WiFi Direct - but no miracast or screen mirroring option.  Yes, there is option of cast

If both devices have WiFi Direct there should be screen mirroring but it it not happening on the combination of devices above

If i ue Smartview app on my android i can mirror my images and videos etc

MY QUESTION IS WHY IS SMARTVIEW REQUIRED?  WHAT DOES IT DO TO ENABLE THE MIRRORING?

Thanks

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

This is needed to communicate in the same "language/protocol" as different brands operate on different systems.

perfection161
Apprentice
Options

Thanks TessM

But is not that both devices using WiFi Direct means that they are using the same protocol? 

My android phone and samsung smart Tv both possess WiFi Direct and can see each other.  The android even ets connnected to the TV but nothing more happens...

Any idea what handshake protocol samsung uses 

I just hope to buy the right technical products next time i do so, so all this is very enlightening to me 

Thanks

0 Likes