Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White spots on the screen

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 10:39 PM)
john516
Apprentice
Options

So I purchased a 4k 65" Samsung in 2016. right about 2 years later I noticed a white spot on the screen, just a little right of center and about 6 inches from the top. I contacted support and the tech tried to tell me is was due to external damage! I called back in and asked for a supervisor. Worked with him and we defaulted the settings and still had the spot. I was informed that with only a 1 year warranty that the repair would be billable. I should have purchased the extended warranty but based on other samsung products we own, I didn't feel it necessary. Boy, was I wrong. Now, I have 3 white dots in a row heading down the screen and jusy saw that I have another on the bottom.

I will NEVER buy another Samsung TV...

Stick with cell phones Samsung

14 REPLIES 14
Phatony26
Student
Options

Its good to see that Samsung have helped you out with this one.

I am having the same problem as you and the only resolution that I am finding is a full repair from Samsung which requires them to pull the whole thing apart. Not looking forward to a quote for this one.

Mothers
First Poster
Options

Same here guys,

my  brother in law bought the 65 inch model end of 2015 and told me about it. I bought the following week. Two week ago a white spot appeared on my screen top left of screen later that week, I got a call from my brother in law to say a white mark has appeared on his screen same place as mine. The very next day, another mark appeared on my tv the opposite side (identical position, but opposite side). This can't be coincidence. I contact the help desk and they passed me on to another division still waiting to hear back about 6 weeks now. Either there is a know fault, or I was thinking maybe it's a software update gone wrong. But eitherway they should be some way to resolve this. 

Stacr
First Poster
Options

I'm curious, what was the repair for the white dot on the screen?

And most importantly, the cost??

Our 65" Samsung now has a white dot about 4" from the bottom.  I thought it was a reflection from a glass, but it isn't. 

I'm curious as to the cause of this and the fix. 

john516
Apprentice
Options

I checked a few places and was quoted $800 to $1000, pure estimates.  I watched a youtube video of how to take the TV apart and re-glue the reflectors and decided it wasn't really worth the trouble. Since Samsung won't admit they have an issue and help with repairs, i went out and purchased a Sony.

Sorry to say but you will probably get more white spots. By the time I purchased the Sony I had 7 white spots on the screen.

john516
Apprentice
Options

Did they ever admit to an issue with these TV's?

0 Likes
john516
Apprentice
Options

Not to me they didn't. Just offered to set up a repair ticket for an authorized samsung repair facility

0 Likes
john516
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever hear back from them?

0 Likes
Hippie
Student
Options

Same here, last Samsung product I will ever buy. They build nothing but junk. 

Molinz
First Poster
Options

I had a Samsung washing machine and a tumble dryer as well as our main tv. The washing machine seemed marvellous but my motto is 3 strikes and you’re out, that’s what it did, broke down three times so out it went. Now the tv has a white spot, I’m thinking it won’t last. What a great shame, you can take a pic with phone and their technos tell you what’s wrong, that’s washing machine and tv. No one ever got back to us. Huge pity cos their phone are great.

0 Likes