Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White spots on the screen

(Topic created on: 09-03-2020 10:39 PM)
john516
Apprentice
Options

So I purchased a 4k 65" Samsung in 2016. right about 2 years later I noticed a white spot on the screen, just a little right of center and about 6 inches from the top. I contacted support and the tech tried to tell me is was due to external damage! I called back in and asked for a supervisor. Worked with him and we defaulted the settings and still had the spot. I was informed that with only a 1 year warranty that the repair would be billable. I should have purchased the extended warranty but based on other samsung products we own, I didn't feel it necessary. Boy, was I wrong. Now, I have 3 white dots in a row heading down the screen and jusy saw that I have another on the bottom.

I will NEVER buy another Samsung TV...

Stick with cell phones Samsung

14 REPLIES 14
Ruwan
First Poster
Options

Purchased a 65 inch tu 8500 tv a month ago and to my total disappointment,  a white spot appeared on the left side slightly below the centre after a few days use. The patch becomes obvious specially on white background. My samsung D5000 model that I purchased 10 years ago still works well event to this day, so is my A52 phone. Wonder what is wrong with TU 8500 SERIES TV.

ES1980
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me.  I bought a 65 inch curved Samsung TV.  About a month ago a white spot appeared , then a second and a third.  It’s obvious the adhesive they used on the lenses are causing the issue.  Samsung didn’t help only offered an expensive repair. Even went through BBB but Samsung replied saying it’s not a manufacturing defect and they only cover their equipment for 1 year. 

the more I look online the more I see it’s a huge problem that would cost them allot of money to admit to. 

Hippie
Student
Options

My TV has the same spot on the screen. Looks like the sun is shining all time in left top. We bought a Samsung range and it is junk also. We will never buy another Samsung product. 

mstemmelen
Apprentice
Options

yeah, specially that it seems that it is a "manufacturing defect"!

0 Likes
mstemmelen
Apprentice
Options

So what did you all end up doing with your TVs?
Sell it? Repair it? Trade it?
Sounds like getting a repair we are looking at 1K. And they have not trade-in program either. 

0 Likes