Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White spots and light bleed on UE55JS9000

(Topic created on: 11-06-2018 01:18 PM)
Nick24
First Poster
Options

About 1 month ago I started to experience white spots on the left and right edges of my TV. These have progressively got worse over time to the point where they make the TV unwatchable. This problem seems to be quite common with these models:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/UN65JS8500-white-spots-at-edges-of-screen-lag-after-startup/...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Js9000-clouding-backlight-bleed/td-p/103849

https://www.avforums.com/threads/ue55js9000-white-light-bleed.2096762/

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-ue55js9000-light-bleed-mark-issues.2029459/

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1922161-official-2015-samsung-4k-suhd-js90...

Does anyone have a fix outside of getting a screen repaired (which doesn't seem to be possible now)? I'm out of warranty and spent £1800 on this TV only 2 years 5 months ago...

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63
rararafael
First Poster
Options

I have a really bad story with Samsung support.

My warranty was almost finishing (in 2018) when I started noticing the corners bright. I contacted them for an assistance in warranty, and I sat waiting to be contacted. After around 2-3 weeks with no contact (nor even an email) from them, I reached them again asking how was my process - surprise!, they said they had nothing registered.

At that moment, my Samsung was already 2 weeks over the warranty period, and they said they couldn't do anything about it (very convenient for them!!). I got really pissed at the time, but as the image was not that bad, I had to stay with the TV that way. it was just the corners a little bit bright, it was kind of okay, but months later it started to lose light, exactly like every one on the photos above.

Now I understand this was a very known issue for them.. which makes me believe they simply did everything in their power to trick the customers at the end of the warranty period.

This is completely unacceptable. We all bought high-end tvs, and ended up being "trash" after a few time.

0 Likes
St3lios
Journeyman
Options

hi!

nobody can help you, I have  same model and after 4 years the screen began to have white spots on the side, I repaired myself, on the back of the screen every tv it have a light filter, some plastic sheet, the plastic panel under the display it is burned on sides by the led, you have to change that panel from another tv, I can help with details who wants to repair it.this is afterthis is after

Izemann92
First Poster
Options

Oh really? I’d like more details on how you fixed. Is there a video showing step by step ? I have the JS9000 55 inch and it has side light bleed on both sides 

0 Likes
St3lios
Journeyman
Options

hi to everyone!

I have a solution for this problem and nobody will repair this because is to much trouble, sometimes you have to do it yourself, so I did.

I decided to open the tv and se what is the problem and I found under the display a plastic panel that spreed the light on the display, the name for it is diffuser panel(you can find it only on another tv, you can't find this part to buy)

this is a edge led display and it has the led strips on the side, if you have those white spots on the display, the diffuser is burned and you have to change it, also you may have some burned led on the strips, you can replace the led strips too(find it on eBay)NOTE: ONLY THE DIFFUSER PANELS FROM AN EDGE LED DISPLAY IT WILL WORK, WITH THE STRIPS ON THE SIDES(USE FROM A CURVED DISPLAY, IF THE PANEL YOU WANT TO USE IS FLAT, IT WILL NOT WORK.

St3lios
Journeyman
Options

RIGHT NOW I HAVE ONLY CHANGED THE DIFFUSER PANEL, IM WAITING THE LED STRIPS FROM EBAY, I WILL MAKE A VIDEO THEN AND ILL COME BACK WITH IT.

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND THAT PANEL, IT IS A OPTIC PANEL AND IS DESIGNED TO SPRED THE LIGHT FROM THE SIDES, IF YOU TRY A PANEL FROM A TV WITH THE STRIPS ON THE BOTTOM IT WILL NOT WORK, ALSO I HAD TO CUT THE PANEL FROM A FLAT 55, ITS BIGGER THAN 55 CURVED, SO FIND A PANEL FROM A CURVED 55 WITH SIDE LED.

St3lios
Journeyman
Options

YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY VIDEOS WITH THIS, I HAD TO FIGURE OUT MYSELF

0 Likes
pmgfrederico
Student
Options

If that is the case that makes it even worse as all support partners have their fingers quick on the trigger to shoot a default "the panel needs to be replaced and they are no longer manufactured" on you. So so sad. Samsung never again. I event felt tempted by their new gaming monitors but I have resisted.

0 Likes
ThisSucks50
First Poster
Options
This is the same problem I'm getting. I've had my TV for over 5 years now, and only in the last year or so has this been happening. Can anyone tell me if and where I can get this fixed in the UK please.

20210416_045411_906.jpg

0 Likes
UnMarco
Journeyman
Options

Hello St3lios,

I got the same issue as everyone on my UE55JS9000. I have torn it down and I am in front of a diffuser panel melt at the sides. I have been looking for a replacement part from a failed tv from the same model but it looks impossible.

I am ready to try starting from a bigger size edge lit tv and cut it to size. Do you have any model or size to recommend?

But mostly, what have you used to cut it to size? I am worried not being able to cut it properly, it looks fragile.

Thanks for your help!!

UnMarco

St3lios
Journeyman
Options

Hi Marco!

the panel that you have to replace can be from another tv, only if is edge led from the sides, if the tv has the led from the bottom is not good.

try to find someone that can cut your panel with something very straight

and clean, the light has to go thru the panel if you want a good result.

good luck!