Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When watching on an external drive and pausing and playing again the video freezes and jumps forth

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 08:59 PM)
Lilja
Apprentice
Options

When I'm watching an episode on my external drive, whenever I pause for a few minutes and then push play again the episode freezes a few seconds and then jumps forward, usually only a few seconds further but sometimes 20 minutes or so, so I'm suddenly somewhere else in the episode. When I try to go backwards again it also freezes and I can't see a few seconds in the episode. Because of this I sometimes miss parts of important conversations in the show and it sucks. This didn't use to happen with my old TV. 

My model number is: UE50TU8005KXXC

This is very uncomfortable so it would be nice if there was a way to fix this. It's like the external drive shuts off if I pause for a few minutes because when I push play again it's like the drive is turning itself on. 

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Lilja ,

I would happily have a look at this with you. What external drive are you using and is this affecting all the recordings or just a particular one?

0 Likes
Lilja
Apprentice
Options

I’m using a USB drive. It happens on everything I watch on that drive. 

0 Likes
Lilja
Apprentice
Options

I already tried to get help through the Samsung Call Center but they couldn't help. Hope you can. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

What did they advise you? Have you tried a different USB or SSD @Lilja?

0 Likes
Lilja
Apprentice
Options

They couldn’t help me because I couldn’t use remote management, most likely because of my country. 
no I have not tried another USB. But I’m using the same USB I used with my old tv and this was never a problem before. 

0 Likes