Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Visible circles on 8K TV on white backgrounds

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 04:14 PM)
Ash2
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I have noticed on my new TV I get these weird circles - support told me this was in spec - seems a bit poor for a brand new 8k TV. Just near the top - bright whites elsewhere are fine, just has a matrix near the top right. Obviously hard to take a picture of the screen, but this sort of shows it on a very white game screen:

IMG_20210513_142030.jpgIMG_20210513_160158__01.jpgIMG_20210513_142120.jpg

Anyone had similar issues? Is it in spec, or should I keep pushing?

Hopefully you can see it on pics.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I think u should keep pushing as u have warranty.
Ash2
Journeyman
Options

Even if they say it's within spec and working fine with the picture test?

0 Likes
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Send it back to the retailer and get a replacement, refund or different make TV. If the retailer quibbles show them those pictures. Samsung cannot seriously expect customers to put up with that
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
To me it doesn't look like within the spec. No new TV should look like this. Beat if u refund or replace it.
Ash2
Journeyman
Options

Thanks everyone, I've sent an email to the retailer to say about, as I notice it on hdmi inputs and terrestrial TV. I also don't think it should be like this, as it's not on every white patch, just the top edge. Shame as I like the one connect box and the thickness of the TV. I'll wait and see what happens, but two different Samsung support people have said it looks fine and is also in spec

Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Of course samsung support will say this as they don't have much to say. Ur not the only customer complaining about their samsung TV.
Ash2
Journeyman
Options

I spoke to the retailer and they are collecting this tomorrow so i'm assuming they have decided it's faulty. I tested on a white screen video and the issue is always thereIMG_20210518_104519.jpg

Ash2
Journeyman
Options

I got a replacement, but it's the 75 inch as 65 inch was out of stock, and it does not have this issue at all, so clearly the 65 inch I got was faulty. Had refund for original from seller now, and happy with the 75 inch.

DragonRM
First Poster
Options

Have a similar issue with my qn800 75 here and I have white dots that look like circles under the certain color conditions here in the US. Very obvious under uniformity tests. Guessing Samsung won’t want to replace it but maybe the retailer will since I bought a replacement plan.