Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dark cloud patch

(Topic created on: 08-02-2022 03:00 PM)
Duckson
Apprentice
Options

0315EB38-08E4-4168-A9D4-48075F48D9D4.jpeg

I’m sure this has only appeared in the last few days (had the TV since Sept last year) but a dark patch which is particularly visible on mid to light backgrounds has appeared just left of centre and towards the top of the screen. 
Is this likely or would it of been there since new? It is annoying me slightly!

Model is a UE75TU7020KXXU. 

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ddb2k
Explorer
Options
Had this problem last year on a 3 month old 55 inch. Samsung support arranged for an engineer visit to have the screen panel replaced.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page may be helpful to you

There is a problem with the picture on my TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202526/
hijay1
First Poster
Options
I have same model but 65 inch bought in last year's black Friday sales . I have exact same as you but just very slightly to the right and top of screen. Only see it every now and again depending of picture. I also seem to have a pink haze over the right side of screen when screen is showing dark images. Hoping it doesn't get any worse with time
0 Likes
Duckson
Apprentice
Options

Yes thanks, I did already know about that option and the issue is visible on the test image.

0 Likes
Duckson
Apprentice
Options

Have you thought about contacting Samsung about it?

TBH there was a 5yr warranty when i bought mine but i don't think i registered it (can't remember doing so and have nothing recorded in my email, also i didnt have a Samsung account until just today). Obviously I'm inside the 12 month warranty in any case.

0 Likes
Solution
ddb2k
Explorer
Options
Had this problem last year on a 3 month old 55 inch. Samsung support arranged for an engineer visit to have the screen panel replaced.
Duckson
Apprentice
Options

The Samsung approved repairer has been out and said it needs a new panel so that is on order to be fitted in 7-10 days.

0 Likes
Jefferson1963
First Poster
Options

I also have a dark cloud that always there but is really only noticeable on night or dark scenes. Samsung support tried troubleshooting over the phone but couldn't come up with reason or fix. Cost $200 to have a tech come out and look. Doesn't include cost for any parts, tv 2 months out of 12 month samsung factory warranty. Paid $1800 on sale Best Buy, now the same 75" sells for $1400. Will live it till I can't then never buy a Samsung product again. I have in the past always purchased my phones, computers, DVD'S and TV from samsung. I feel that this a known problem that samsung is not telling anyone. No love from them getting it replaced or fixed under warranty.

0 Likes