Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ue58ru7100k Ethernet adapter

(Topic created on: 07-08-2023 08:57 AM)
brid_dave
First Poster
Options

Hi, does anyone know if the ue58ru7100k is compatible with an ethernet adapter ?

i have a 300mbps internet connection and wish to take full advantage of this on the TV....

The ethernet on this Tv is only 10/100 .... to add insult to injury there's no 5ghz wifi....2.4ghz wifi is conjested !

cable matters make a usb 3.0 to ethernet adapter which is capable of 10/1000mbps ... even taking into account the UE58's usb 2.0 it would still be capable of 480mbps.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think that's possible, how many devices do you have connected to have the WiFi 2.4ghz congested?
0 Likes
brid_dave
First Poster
Options

it's not a case of conjested by the number of devices i have connected (6 with minimul usage) but more of a frequency conjestion with neighbouring networks which in turn is keeping the speed down ....

I've tried all frequencies but on wifi i rarely get above 25mbps on 2.4ghz

On ethernet i get between 70-80mbps but soon as i run through a vpn it'll drop down to circa 30mbps (the joys of a vpn) , hence why i'm trying to get above 100mbps (10/1000 ethernet) so i'll still have a good speed after the vpn takes it's share lol.

i've tried

wifi different frequencies...

different dns servers 8888 8811 1111 (both on wifi and ethernet)

different vpn servers and the one i'm using is the quickest

0 Likes