Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55MU7000 various menu items not responsive

(Topic created on: 15-12-2023 11:18 PM)
jw24
Journeyman
Options

I have a UE55MU7000 which is around 6 years old. Not long after I got the TV I added it to my SmartThings account, but never really used any of the app features etc. I recently got more SmartThings products so wanted to start using the app.

The TV within the app was showing offline, so I removed the TV to re-add it. When I try to re-add it, it says I am not the owner of the TV, and I have an option to take ownership. This displays a message on the TV screen, however I cannot press on the "Setup" button - its like I'm not permitted. The remote button works fine, as it works in (some) other menus, and I've tried 3 different Samsung remotes. 

Whilst troubleshooting this issue, I also realised that I am unable to action many other menu options which I have previously been able to, including the Factory Reset option. The options aren't greyed out, I can select them, but pressing OK on the remote just has no effect.

Thanks,

Jonny

#UE55MU7000

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
jw24
Journeyman
Options

It feels a little bit like the TV is in some kind of restricted mode. I checked if it was in Hospitality mode (Mute, 1, 1, 9, Enter) but I can confirm it is not in Hospitality mode.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jw24!

Have you checked that the software version of your TV is up-to-date? The latest version is 1310.1. Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

1000032069.jpg

Unfortunately, this is one of the options which is unavailable, however I am running 1310. 

In the Support menu, Software Update and Self Diagnosis are greyed out, but it also doesn't let me move down the menu to any of the other options

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

Ok, if I change the source then Update and Diagnosis both become available, however I still cannot navigate the rest of the menu. Done an update check and states ok up to date 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Are you now able to access the Reset option under Self Diagnosis?

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

No, the only thing I can do is check for update by navigating right from that initial selection. Pressing enter on remote does nothing.

Edit: as I experiment more I uncover more symptoms. It seems that once I enter the settings menu, I can navigate up and down the topics (Picture, Sound, General etc) but once in those menus, I'm stuck on the top option. I cannot navigate down 

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

Bump

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM any other thoughts, or do I need to formally raise a support ticket?

0 Likes